• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Let's assume we as a state somehow achieve "Constitutional" carry; away with the little pink permission slip cards. Then along comes the passage of National Reciprocity. Does that once more throw us back to the lil' ole permission slips?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Never throw away something you already have, like a life time LTCH. Because without it you will be out of luck in any state without constitutional carry, regardless of any national reciprocity.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If IN had constitutional carry why would our Drivers License not suffice for reciprocity?

I don't know about you, but I don't want every job, every pharmacy, and everyone to whom I write a check, not to mention any hotel, car rental company, etc to know I might be carrying.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't know about you, but I don't want every job, every pharmacy, and everyone to whom I write a check, not to mention any hotel, car rental company, etc to know I might be carrying.

Well, if they bother to look, they'll see the gun on my hip. ;)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Let's assume we as a state somehow achieve "Constitutional" carry; away with the little pink permission slip cards. Then along comes the passage of National Reciprocity. Does that once more throw us back to the lil' ole permission slips?

Until every state passes constitutional carry and the apply it to non-residents as well as their own residents, you'll need your LTCH if you want to carry your gun across state lines. Having said isn't there part of that bill that accommodates CC states?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    How do states that acknowledge Constitutional Carry handle visitors from other CC states now?

Off to Google I go.....

So... It appears that Vermonters, who have been CC for likely the longest, are not issued any sort of "permit" at all. Vermont allows anyone who can legally carry to do so, without a permit (makes no distinction of resident or non-resident of the State). Their residents may also carry in several other states based simply on their State-issued ID (drivers license or otherwise). There is nothing on their Drivers License that indicates they may carry, as the State simply does not permit/license/register AT ALL.

We should follow Vermont's lead. At least on this item. They could use some improvement in other areas.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How do states that acknowledge Constitutional Carry handle visitors from other CC states now?

Off to Google I go.....

If a state does not infringe upon the right to carry, visitors from states which do infringe upon that right would simply leave their permission slips in their wallets and never be asked to provide such while carrying in the non-infringing state.

Simple. :)

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If IN had constitutional carry why would our Drivers License not suffice for reciprocity?

Because you would be subject to the other states laws and most require a LTCH or home state permit as other states call them. That's why it's important option for Indiana to leave the LTCH an option for Hoosiers that want to carry their ha dgun in other states where legal while abiding by that states law.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If being an IN resident is our right to carry than something showing you're an IN resident should suffice for reciprocity IMHO. If that's not good enough for some states than an LTCH for the cost of printing in IN, maybe a form you could download and print yourself...or an endorsement to the DL for felons that state they are not allowed to carry and all others are.

Top Bottom