• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry for skipping the previous 380-some posts. I was just reviewing 1159 for a particular reason and noticed that OC in public meetings can still be prohibited by a municipality. Yes, that is an obscure reference that not many people will particularly care about. I'm only mentioning it because it is something of an anomaly in Indiana law. I think its the only place that draws a legal distinction between OC and CC.

The specific reference is IC 35-47-11.1-4(6). Section 21 of 1159.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    When you don’t do a thorough job, your bill deserves to expire. 754 W.omen Agai.nst P.ermitle.ss carry (WIPE) talked to him.

I saw this when you posted it.
    I would like to suggest that the people of whom you speak should change their name to WIPES (Women Agai.nst P.ermitless carry and Spelling)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I saw this when you posted it.
    I would like to suggest that the people of whom you speak should change their name to WIPES (Women Agai.nst P.ermitless carry and Spelling)

I'm thinking "BUTT WIPES"

Big Ugly inTollerant Trolling Women Agai.st P.ermitless carry and Spelling

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    the big elephant in the room that hasn't really been talked about is the current scheme for LTCH is funding the ISP records office. To the tune of 3.4 M a year. Does anyone really think that ISP or .gov wants to give up this revenue?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    the big elephant in the room that hasn't really been talked about is the current scheme for LTCH is funding the ISP records office. To the tune of 3.4 M a year. Does anyone really think that ISP or .gov wants to give up this revenue?

It's also funding stuff in the local offices too. When I talked to our sheriff yesterday, this was an issue he brought up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You should ask your good sheriff why he thinks that it is okay to fund his office with the equivalent of a Poll Tax.

I did...sorta. I used the suggestion of the disenfranchisement of the poor, single, mom with an angry estranged husband or elderly person, on a modest, fixed income, that lives in a bad neighborhood and how are they supposed to go about their business when they can't afford to get a license.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I did...sorta. I used the suggestion of the disenfranchisement of the poor, single, mom with an angry estranged husband or elderly person, on a modest, fixed income, that lives in a bad neighborhood and how are they supposed to go about their business when they can't afford to get a license.

I'm not sure I believe those people exist. If anybody finds one, start a thread on INGO and see if we can get enough donations to get them a lifetime LTCH.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure I believe those people exist. If anybody finds one, start a thread on INGO and see if we can get enough donations to get them a lifetime LTCH.

My son is neither of those specific demographics but if my wife and I hadn't subsidized both his firearm purchase and his LTCH, he probably would have chosen to not to spend that much money on what to him is a luxury. He's not in dire straits like my examples but cost is a factor to some, maybe more than we think.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My son is neither of those specific demographics but if my wife and I hadn't subsidized both his firearm purchase and his LTCH, he probably would have chosen to not to spend that much money on what to him is a luxury. He's not in dire straits like my examples but cost is a factor to some, maybe more than we think.

I have continually suggested to my wife to get a LTCH. She's favorable to the idea, except she doesn't want to spend the money on it. So she goes without. It's just like a poll tax. You have to pay the tax to use a right.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have continually suggested to my wife to get a LTCH. She's favorable to the idea, except she doesn't want to spend the money on it. So she goes without. It's just like a poll tax. You have to pay the tax to use a right.

No question.

My wife did get one a few years ago even though she has only passing interest in carrying. We decided to get hers just in case...an example--if I'd left a gun in my truck and she used it without checking.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No question.

My wife did get one a few years ago even though she has only passing interest in carrying. We decided to get hers just in case...an example--if I'd left a gun in my truck and she used it without checking.

I've ran (don't laugh) down the driveway, hey wait! My...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Talk to actaeon277. He has personally helped at least one woman (I think more) get armed and trained to defend herself against an angry and potentially violent ex.

A restraining order is just a piece of paper.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Now...this may be taken out of context as the report did not show Bosma saying the words but listen to the clip in the article below. At the very end, the reporter asserts/implies Bosma doesn't want to clog up the session with a bunch of gun bills.

Proposed bills in General Assembly favor gun owners | Fox 59

I was nearly ninja-posted on this one. So-called "journalist" Russ McQuaid is no friend of ours. The clip has a picture in the background of someone Mexican-carrying a Jericho, who carries a Jericho like that? Starts the clip with basically "guns = murder". Most murderers and victims were prohibited possessors but no mention of that. Dylan Roof reference, used a gun but no not mention of SC law church = GFZ. No mention that federal law still applies, just that guns won't be regulated.

It never ends.

Also, I bet Vanessa Summer's (NRA-PVF Grade: F) ballistics bill has nothing to do with four layers of cloth and ballistics gel.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom