• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brassman65

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    anderson
    Was core 40 the previous standard? Or was core 40 the start of common core? I agree though judging by all the threads here and news stories elsewhere education seems less about about facts and more about the hot button popular partisanal politics of the time.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Core 40 was the graduation requirements, not the standards. You can find the standards on the Indiana Department of Education website. They are essentially the scope and sequence, so look for that phrase.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I say it so often I sometimes mutter it in my sleep. I'm amazed that people still send their children to some strange insecure location to cavort with strange, sometimes dangerous - and always disease-spreading - peers, to be spoon-fed tidbits of factual knowledge dosed with heavy Statist indoctrination. It blows my mind that public education still exists in the 21st century. In an age of information, ignorance is a choice. Deny the State. Secure the safety of your children. Secure the education of your children. Homeschool.

Homeschooling and at worst, private schooling, will become the only viable options as public education becomes more and more dangerous and less and less valuable. Deny the State. Homeschool.
    I hope you were homeschooled. We love to hear how stupid we are for sending our kids to public school. Yes, you are smart, we are dumb.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    My son goes to public school, but I do my own brainwashing.

He can give a better rant about the evils of government than I can, and that's saying something!

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    No thank you. Public education isn't perfect, yet Politicians can screw up anything they touch however we think they can run edu? My wife spend at LEAST 40% of her week in meetings and doing assessments. That's not the fault of a coach. That's the fault of an idiot who cannot discern that children aren't always measurable on a test.

BTW, read the article in its' entirety. I know a LOT of teachers that feel this way.

Don't get mad at the politicians. Get mad at generations of teachers whose real passion was coaching a sport, and who passed students who couldn't do the work...because their "passion" was children (especially ones with a good jump shot) - not tests and data.

Decades of the teaching profession's inability to police itself, is why your wife now has to deal with standardized tests. Don't get mad at me...the truth hurts.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    My son goes to public school, but I do my own brainwashing.

He can give a better rant about the evils of government than I can, and that's saying something!

Same here. My kids went to public school and both, but especially my son were well-known for calling BS where they saw it (politely and respectfully, of course).

I participated in my kids lives, and I couldn't imagine any indoctrination by teachers over-riding that.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I hope you were homeschooled. We love to hear how stupid we are for sending our kids to public school. Yes, you are smart, we are dumb.

I don't appreciate having derogatory phrases "stupid, dumb," falsely attributed to me when I didn't say them. I certainly hope you don't do the same in your chosen profession.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Indiana’s next standards need to be considered “college and career ready” by the U.S. Department of Education so the state can continue receiving a waiver of the federal No Child Left Behind law.
    Indiana was granted a waiver to remove the “adequate yearly progress” on state tests by adopting standards for the 2014-15 school year. Without a waiver, the state could lose hundreds of millions of dollars in federal funds.

Follow the money...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    GPIA7R said:
    Careful with that sort of talk. There are people here that consider you "not a man" if your wife works a job and doesn't stay home and take care of the kids.

Not joking. Thread was up a couple months back.

:laugh:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Careful with that sort of talk. There are people here that consider you "not a man" if your wife works a job and doesn't stay home and take care of the kids.

Not joking. Thread was up a couple months back.

We both worked full time at our jobs and still able to....different shifts made it easier though. Its not for everyone, but to go back in time you couldn't pay me money, not even alot of money to of kept our kids in the public schools.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Because government schools are just bastions of competence and logic, right?

homeschooling would be no worse than a government school.

parents not responsible enough to make sure their kids brush their teeth and take a bath shouldn't be homeschooling their kids. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom