• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Since the State can no longer exercise the 'morality' veto against same-sex marriage, how will the liberty crowd deal with consensual incest?

Woman plans to marry her father after two years of dating - FOX 32 News Chicago

Remember, you can't outlaw something based on your 'morality' when it's about two people in love. Aside from 'morality', why should this not be legal, in view of the freedom-to-love arguments made on behalf of same-sex marriage?

As far as the birth defect argument, do we genetically screen non-blood-related couples to ensure that their offspring won't suffer some horrible defect? What about incestuous couples that don't intend to have offspring? What about incestuous same-sex couples?

:dunno:

Ah the sweet smell of freedom. How long until even Progressives have had enough?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I like the freedom to choose just as much as the next guy; also like as little government as possible just like the next guy, but you have to draw a line somewhere otherwise it's a do whatever you want free for all

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    As far as the birth defect argument, do we genetically screen non-blood-related couples to ensure that their offspring won't suffer some horrible defect? What about incestuous couples that don't intend to have offspring?

Cobber, do you think the government should regulate breeding? Only people with a proper genetic profile should be permitted to reproduce?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Naturally, the exact same people who only ten years ago scoffed at people like myself who said there would be homosexual marriage forced through the courts, the exact same people who have since become advocates for homosexual marriage, now scoff at people (again like myself) who will calmly point out that this is the next frontier in the marriage wars.
    Up next: polygamy, marrying the dead, interspecies marriage, and marriage to inanimate objects
    Yes, I'm being absurd, but that's what they said about what has now been forced upon us by the courts.
    Love is love, right?
    Right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Naturally, the exact same people who only ten years ago scoffed at people like myself who said there would be homosexual marriage forced through the courts, the exact same people who have since become advocates for homosexual marriage, now scoff at people (again like myself) who will calmly point out that this is the next frontier in the marriage wars.
    Up next: polygamy, marrying the dead, interspecies marriage, and marriage to inanimate objects
    Yes, I'm being absurd, but that's what they said about what has now been forced upon us by the courts.
    Love is love, right?
    Right?

Uh....well....let me get back to you on that OK.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Cause we all know they ain't bangin until they gets da license.

I believe the article indicated they were already doing la boink.

Cobber, do you think the government should regulate breeding? Only people with a proper genetic profile should be permitted to reproduce?

Well. That is the rationale against incest. And morality.

But morality is now out, and you don't want the government having any say in breeding.

So incest is okay?

If the government is currently in the breeding regulatory process, they're doing a miserable job of it. Just as swell a job as punishing 'gun crimes' in, say, Chicago.

Just noting that some folks here on INGO said it was only a matter of time before incest, polygamy and child brides came to the forefront once the marriage barrier against same sex was removed. And were pooh-poohed as fantasists.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I believe the article indicated they were already doing la boink.

Well. That is the rationale against incest. And morality.

But morality is now out, and you don't want the government having any say in breeding.

So incest is okay?

If the government is currently in the breeding regulatory process, they're doing a miserable job of it. Just as swell a job as punishing 'gun crimes' in, say, Chicago.

Just noting that some folks here on INGO said it was only a matter of time before incest, polygamy and child brides came to the forefront once the marriage barrier against same sex was removed. And were pooh-poohed as fantasists.

So if they're already doing it, what is denying them a marriage license going to accomplish?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So if they're already doing it, what is denying them a marriage license going to accomplish?

Since the government can't legislate morality, open the gates.

But for those people who advocated same-sex marriage while objecting to the idea that incest, polygamy, etc. would be next, because they're immoral, erm disgusting, erm contrary to their own ideas of what's acceptable. Well...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Since the government can't legislate morality, open the gates.

But for those people who advocated same-sex marriage while objecting to the idea that incest, polygamy, etc. would be next, because they're immoral, erm disgusting, erm contrary to their own ideas of what's acceptable. Well...

Your laws banning increst are as effective as more gun laws.

Top Bottom