• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Was visiting with a colleugue today and he mentioned that he wishes I was with him this weekend. Apparently he was shopping at the Home Depot when some young guy walked in not wearing a shirt and carrying a handgun. Darn thing was right out there where everybody could see it. Now how inaapropriate was that? I simply agreed with my friend that the other guy was out of line. It is definately in bad taste to shop at Home Depot without wearing a shirt. No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service! What is wrong with people now days?

serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    ima take the bait. are you against OC or shirtless shopping? and what if it was a women instead of a male?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    ima take the bait. are you against OC or shirtless shopping? and what if it was a women instead of a male?

:dunno: Shirtless shopping is Bad, Boobies are Good?

Glock or 1911? :D

9mm or .45?

Leather holster or Kydex?

Brass cased ammo or aluminum cased?

Details man details!!

Geez it was a gun. A gun I say! :rolleyes: By the way he told the story I assumed it was a HiPoint duct taped to his forehead. :D :laugh:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    So would it be in bad taste covered in grease, dry wall mud, paint and woods shaving reaking of bo shirt on of course and go to lowes and open carry?

Bad taste probably.
    Was it hot outside?

Illegal definately not.

if the store didnt ask him to leave i guess its okay.

When i open carry i try to be as presentable as possible personally, i would not have been scared to see such a sight. However at least i would have heads up.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have no issue with someone working their butt off to goto a harware store shirtless.

I also have no problem with a properly holstered sidearm.

Not understanding the improper part :dunno:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I agree, it was extremely inappropriate for that fella to be in Home Depot without a shirt. Let's face it, there aren't many of us that look like models. Most of us would make someone hurl if they saw us shirtless. :D

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Bet he had a Taurus and moobs.

Yeah, that was what I wondering too. The inappropriateness wasn't the gun it was his moobs.

On the other hand to be fair to the OP it had to be kind of a funny scene. He didn't have time to put on a shirt but he sure had time to grab his gun. :):

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Yeah, that was what I wondering too. The inappropriateness wasn't the gun it was his moobs.

On the other hand to be fair to the OP it had to be kind of a funny scene. He didn't have time to put on a shirt but he sure had time to grab his gun. :):

Come on, Dude! It's about priorities! Gun b4 shirt every time!:rockwoot::D

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    images

I think this is what freaked my buddy out so bad. :D

Edit: Actually now that I think about it he did actually make a reference to Rambo. Simply amazing the perceptions of other people.

Last edited:

serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    For clarification purposes only... if I wear my overalls without a short and oc it's ok right.. just want to avoid being the subject of a forum post.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For clarification purposes only... if I wear my overalls without a short and oc it's ok right.. just want to avoid being the subject of a forum post.

Your gun belt would clash. So yes I would make fun of you. If you wear overalls might I suggest going commando and looking into a proper crack carry holster.

Edit: Just in case your post was a serious question. If a person is wearing bibs without a shirt what does that style suggest/say to other people?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom