Not open for further replies.

Gray hair Dan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Lawrence County
    Greetings to y'all.
    I'm in the process of moving to the Bloomington area from Lafayette. I'm at the position where I can be looking for a house with a few acres and not many neighbors so I can do some shooting on my own property. This being the desire, is there any advantage to living in Monroe or Lawrence or Greene County? Does the local county sheriffs dept frown on people "banging" away in their back yard?
    I do a little hobby gunsmith'n so I like to make sure I didn't smooth that trigger out too much....
    Plus, this past year I got into bust'n clay birds (or at least trying to) so I'd like to practice a little in the back yard.

The last place I lived where I could shot in the back yard was my folks place, and that was 40 some years ago. Attitudes towards shooting has changed since then.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Dan

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Welcome from Mitchell!
    Lawrence county is pretty gun friendly. I did the same as you a few years ago, except I was living in the Bloomington city limits. If you're in Monroe county, you're still living in the Bloomington sphere of influence. If you're in eastern Greene and northern Lawrence county, there's still some of that influence there too.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Welcome aboard Dan, greetings from SE Indiana. :welcome:

Good luck with your search, I hope you find the land that you are looking for.

bhvostal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Welcome to INGO

~ Brian

Greetings to y'all.
    I'm in the process of moving to the Bloomington area from Lafayette. I'm at the position where I can be looking for a house with a few acres and not many neighbors so I can do some shooting on my own property. This being the desire, is there any advantage to living in Monroe or Lawrence or Greene County? Does the local county sheriffs dept frown on people "banging" away in their back yard?
    I do a little hobby gunsmith'n so I like to make sure I didn't smooth that trigger out too much....
    Plus, this past year I got into bust'n clay birds (or at least trying to) so I'd like to practice a little in the back yard.

The last place I lived where I could shot in the back yard was my folks place, and that was 40 some years ago. Attitudes towards shooting has changed since then.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Dan

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom