• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    -Sorry if this is a repost, I did a search and came up with nothing...

I am looking to get a in the car gun "safe", for travel to / through Illinois and Ohio, where my LTCH means nothing. As well as leave my gun in my truck while I am at work (work doesn't like us to carry).

It seems that a lot of people on other forums (like Defensive Carry, and PAFOA) prefer these:

In Car Gun Safe

What do you guys use / think?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think its a bad idea to use a safe with a key when you can use one with a touchpad (key backup).

I keep a MICRO VAULT in each of my cars: Micro Gun Safes | GunVault

cat7_img4.jpg

It has a touchpad on top that pops it open quickly.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I use the MicroVault as well. It's certainly far from indestructable however I like the touchpad as well.

WaltherFan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    EM69XX aka Fishers
    braz007,
    I've been using that safe for about the last 9 months. It's functional and the price is right. No bling to it, it does what I need it to do. I give it a two thumbs up.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    There's one for 07 and newer Jeep Wranglers that bolts in under the driver's seat, using the seat frame bolts. I ordered one a couple weeks ago and have yet to receive it because it appears to be quite popular. It is at Quadratec.com.

I'll let you know how it is when I get it and install it.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I used to sell these to my students in Ohio because of the way the CCW law there was initially worded. The law was changed. These safes were pretty good I must say. You wrap the cable around the seat mount and slide the safe under the seat. Works good, lasts a long time!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Center of Mass in car safes, work for me, secured to the passengers seat and stuck in the drawer under the seat.

In Car Gun Safe

so for secure storage, not bad, for a determined criminal,who has time not good, and if your in motion and need your GLOCK, fogedabout it.....when you open it, it seems you have to pry it apart.

Even if you stop to get your GLOCK out, it will take time to retrieve it.

BRADDI is having a huge $20 sale on knock offs of these clamshell gun boxes.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    My big complaint about the MicroVault is that it is slow (at least compared to their regular ones) and it often times doesn't register your entries correctly. In order to not risk it doing that you have to go really slow. I can open my regular GunVault using entries that use up to 3 fingers at a time in about 2 seconds. The same combination on the MicroVault takes about 3x as long.

Here is a review I did of it, a few posts down I put up video comparing the original and the microvault.

Still much faster than a key or 3 digit roller lock, but just disappointing when you already have an original. I use mine for in the car.

Top Bottom