• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have been watching '80's action flicks. Started with Red Dawn, cause I have the anniversary edition, then Invasion USA.

A surprise was Predator. I watched this last night. I haven't seen this for years and had forgoten how full of awesome it is! I mean come on, dialogue like "I ain't got time to bleed" or "If it bleeds, we can kill it"

Next up: Commando then Red Heat. After I recover, a Die Hard and Rambo Quadrilogy is in order.

ETA: my girlfriend was born in 1983, so this is all new to her. Her reactions really show how movies have changed.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I have been watching '80's action flicks. Started with Red Dawn, cause I have the anniversary edition, then Invasion USA.

A surprise was Predator. I watched this last night. I haven't seen this for years and had forgoten how full of awesome it is! I mean come on, dialogue like "I ain't got time to bleed" or "If it bleeds, we can kill it"

Next up: Commando then Red Heat. After I recover, a Die Hard and Rambo Quadrilogy is in order.

:yesway::yesway:

Sounds like a good plan to me!!!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    You will LOVE the Expendables... Jason Statham does a great job being a bad @ss.

My wife wasn't pleased with the plot. To many holes, not enough back story, blah blah blah. The movie had everything you'd want to see in a action movie. Car chases, car crashes, explosions, shootouts, knife fights, hand to hand, more explosions, full auto excitement, even more explosions.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    IMO, of all the flicks listed, Red Dawn, Predator, the original Rambo, and the original Die Hard are the only ones worth a crap, even by 80s standards.

How can you dis in Red Heat? I mean come on, there was Hope & Crosby, Abott & Costello and the pure greatness of Schwartzenagger & Belushie!

I forgot, I need to add Mission MIA to the list.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    The worst part of the expendables rest in a tie.

1. Steve Austin never delivers a "stunner" to anyone. (Very disappointing)
    2. The women in the movie that Stallone meets can't act worth a Sugar Honey Iced Tea and as usual in a good action flick; makes it almost unbearable to not FF through. Luckily though, she provided an excellent time to go refill the drinks and popcorn. I can't wait for the dvd just to be able to FF through all her parts.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    In my opinion Red Dawn was pretty good, but the rest was crap. I have never been a fan of Arnold, and not much of a fan of Sylvester either. I do like Lei, and Stathem movies. I read where Sylvester offered Sean Claude a roll, but he refused. He is one of the most fake martial artist in movies anyways. It is defiantly one to wait, until it comes out on DVD.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This movie was mildly entertaining and full of cheese, so it was right on par with all the other '80s action flicks.

Why does Stalone look like he's about to fall over everytime he attempts to run? I know he's old, but damn, you'd think they could edit that out.

Top Bottom