• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    We refer to Q95 as the AC/DC station. Turn it on at any random it isn't B&T and it's likely AC/DC
    They play AC/DC a lot, but nowhere near as much as Led Zeppelin. I actually tracked this over three months a year or so ago when I realized like half the times I turned to Q95 it was a Led Zeppelin song.

Here was my methodology. I didn't listen exclusively to Q95, but I do have it as one of my six preset channels. Everytime I switched to it, or if it was on when I started the car, I made a tally in one of two columns: Led Zeppelin or Not Led Zeppelin.

One would expect the Not Led Zeppelin column to be something like ten times as full, but the ratio was only about 2 to 1.

I also noticed a big chunk of the Not Led Zeppelin songs were Tom Petty. Enough that I gave Tom Petty his own column.

Totally unscientific, but the results were interesting none the less. I wish I still had the tracker to take a photo.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Someone mentioned in another thread that they rarely listened to the radio anymore. It got me thinking—I rarely listen to any radio much anymore myself. I’m a talk show junky and with all the podcasting anymore, I don’t think I’ll ever have much of a reason to in the future.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'll have you take a look at a deck of punched cards :laugh:
    Oh hell no. I haven't seen those since 1978, and it was for Fortran IV. COBOL ended up being my language of choice later in life. :):

They play AC/DC a lot, but nowhere near as much as Led Zeppelin. I actually tracked this over three months a year or so ago when I realized like half the times I turned to Q95 it was a Led Zeppelin song.

Here was my methodology. I didn't listen exclusively to Q95, but I do have it as one of my six preset channels. Everytime I switched to it, or if it was on when I started the car, I made a tally in one of two columns: Led Zeppelin or Not Led Zeppelin.

One would expect the Not Led Zeppelin column to be something like ten times as full, but the ratio was only about 2 to 1.

I also noticed a big chunk of the Not Led Zeppelin sings were Tom Petty. Enough that I gave Tom Petty his own column.

Totally unscientific, but the results were interesting none the less. I wish I still had the tracker to take a photo.
    I'm telling you... add 92.3 WTTS to your presets. No AC/DC or any other hard rock that I can think of, but occasional Zeppelin. Depends on your taste, but for me they seem to play not only my old timey favorites, also some a lot of the new stuff that I like.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    So, I guess now I have to listen to Tony Katz and the gun guy on their dedicated podcasts.

I have a USB hard drive with a half a terabyte of 70s music on it, over 30,000 albums (ripped all 350 cd’s I have as well). I’ve imported most of them into iTunes sync to my iPhone.

Almost 400 grateful dead tunes, 300 Beatles tunes, and the rest are various artists albums. Almost a months worth of continuous play on my phone, no internet required.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Oh hell no. I haven't seen those since 1978, and it was for Fortran IV. COBOL ended up being my language of choice later in life. :):

I'm telling you... add 92.3 WTTS to your presets. No AC/DC or any other hard rock that I can think of, but occasional Zeppelin. Depends on your taste, but for me they seem to play not only my old timey favorites, also some a lot of the new stuff that I like.
    92.3 is in my presets already.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    littletommy a question. Wife gets free Amazon prime, we watch it on our tv sometimes. Are you saying I can download an app. to the i pad I’m on now and use it for music out around the camp fire? That would be to cool. Thanks.
    Yes, Amazon music is part of the prime membership.

Reactions: Mij

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Really really hope they don't mess with the shows. I listen to hammer and Nigel and kendel and Casey all the time. And of course the gun guy. But guess like everything thats conservative itll eventually get phased out

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Stopped listening to the radio years ago for anything except the weather. The gardener likes it though, so it's staying.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Oh man! The USAF had punched cards up until 1988. We had the grand daddy of barcode readers, when it puked we had to go back to punched cards!

I should put this on the Military BS stories thread: I was there when we pulled the punched card reader out of the computer room in 1988. It squatted an International 1.5 ton truck when I hit "up" on the lift-gate. Heavy!!

Top Bottom