• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I will take that all into consideration. I didn't even consider ammo price lol. Ill have to either go with a 45. Ill have to do more with the 40 and see if I like it. Where is th nwi shoot?

Remember if you go with a .40 you can easily swap to a .357 barrel (or vice versa) should you decide you want to shoot the other caliber.

Personally, I really like my Glock 30 and the .45 ACP round, but the flexibility of a quick barrel change that the .40/.357 offers for a conversion is a good option.

As far as ammo price, don't forget that you can get Advantage Arms .22 conversion kits for the Glocks as well. I have one for my 23 and 1 for my 27. They function really well and allow cheap practice regardless of what your original caliber is.

BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    I will keep that all in mind as well. I will have to shoot a lot of the 40 tho to try and get rid of my hatred for it. Is 40 currently running cheaper than 45?

GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    .40 is normally cheaper than .45 unless you reload. 10mm is more comparable price wise to .45 than .40. Also I used to shoot a more midrange load in .40 @ 165gr. The 180gr. and 210gr. can be a bit snappy as you say. 10mm is a rude dude and has a lot of power. Great round. The .45 has more expansion as the other members stated above. I would buy them all!

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    They shoot up at Winamac. It's a solid hour and a half from Lafayette, I'd guess, but the range is free to use - stations at 25, 50, 100 and 200 IIRC.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    If you are considering a bit of a "odd" caliber like the 357 sig why not a G-39.. Size of a G-26 with 45 ACP bullet weight and ballistics. I have a couple of GAP pistols and really like them even though you can't get ammo at Wal-mart. GAP ammo costs a couple of dollars more than ACP but I don't have any trouble finding it.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I do understand the stopping power myth hence the "" but i was wondering how welll they shoot out of subcompacts since i havnt had a chance to try them yet

I shot the Glock 30 a lot when I owned one. It's a comfortable subcompact to shoot but if you have fat fingers like I do then I'd suggest getting the +1/pinky grip add-on.

I have really been debating on if I should take the GAP plunge or not
    The one person I know who bought a .45 GAP regretted it simply because the ammo was hard to find.

tlfuller27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nappanee,IN
    I'm not a glock fan never have been. favor 45's guess cuase that was the first gun I owned I sure do miss it. But remember get what you want and feels comfortable and a good fit for you. thats just my:twocents:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Between those two, I'd go for the G30 SF due to better ammo availability.
    It's about the same size as a G19 (just a little thicker). Comfortable to shoot.

Top Bottom