• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This talk about safe queens is always interesting to me. Many here seem to have rather large amounts of firearms. Unless you are retired and/or just have a lot of time and money I find it difficult to see how you can be shooting all of them on a regular basis.

I only own a few and many of them hardly ever see the light of day.

For example since I bought my RO in 9mm, my M&P 9 has not been shot. Not once. I keep thinking that if I was to decide to try USPSA, it would be good for that. Other times I think of selling it. I consider that a safe queen for at least right now.

I shot my .308 deer rifle Saturday. I had not shot it since I left Texas in 2010. Glad I still have it. They are not like a person that gets really ticked off when you ignore them for 4 years. I do not mind the firearms resting in the safe.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I would get a Browning hi-power. Old Belgium one. Never lose value and a real nice one is just beautiful.
    Your son will thank you.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    So here is the deal. When i said safe gueen i mean as in bought it and it will sit in a safe nib never fired and still be in that state later. If i was to buy a korth you bet i would go shoot it. Granted way out of the 1.5k range.

Now this is somewhat of a super painful realization I came to at the range today. I have hated glocks with a passion. I hate the way they look. Heck i dont even really like they way they feel. But, apparently my body my finger on the trigger and the ammo going down range onto a target love it.

What does this mean? Means I can shoot a glock 45 acp better than any pistol I have ever shot. And i just picked it up and started shooting it. I also group tight with it scary as it usually takes me a few mags to be content with a hand gun and what happens on the target paper. Which i have had the same results with other glock 45 acps i have shot before todays was a full size last time was what my friend called a baby glock. I also got to shoot someones with a trigger job. I wet my pants. Almost.

While I am not a glock fan mentally. I have decided it is time to come to my senses and realize the gun was designed for me for various reasons.

Since i dont own a glock but like i have learned over the years the best gun for me is what i can shoot the best. The glock appears to be that for me.

So my next non impulse gun purchase will be a glock chambered in 45 for carry reasons.

I already committed to buy someone elses gun on here around the time i posted this, i will make that one a pet side project of sorts

I will be doing heavy glock research and i think i heard a rumor glock makes a 380 single stack? If so i will probably e also getting rid of a kahr p380.

But i will never brag about owning one.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Buy a Tavor if you don't already have one. That's one of the guns that's been on my acquisition list (all of which is on hold while I save for another class III purchase).

Top Bottom