• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratfortman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    This month's edition of Imprimis has an article by Victor Davis Hanson,which is adapted from a speech he gave at Hillsdale College.

One of the subjects of the article is on the traditional checks on the Western way of war. He talks about how in the past the West would impose limits on ferocity(Greeks tried to outlaw arrows and catupults,Romans;restrictions on exports of breast plates,WW1;regulations against poison gas)

Today we have countries like Iran that find the idea of limiting their war-making capabilities laughable. And they know that many in the West sympathize with them-THAT MANY WESTERNERS FEEL GUILTY ABOUT THEIR WEALTH,PROSPERITY,AND LEISURE,AND TAKE PSYCHOLOGICAL COMFORT IN LETTING TYRANTS LIKE AHMADINEJAD PROVOKE THEM.

Gee,every liberal i know fits that desrcription. And,they ARE IN POWER NOW!!

BTW,that little Imprimis publication is a great read,its free,and it comes from Hillsdale College which accepts NO federal funding.(no,i do not have any connection to them,just like their ideas)

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    +1 on Imprimis being a read read every month...

still keeping the fingers crossed on sending my daughter to Hillsdale in 17 or 18 years (she's 7 months old)

ratfortman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    was beginning to wonder if i was the only one out there who has read it!

Start saving your money now!
    I would like to take my 18 year old there for a visit. She rolls her eyes at some of her old man's conservative rants. I told her "you too are a conservative,you just dont know it yet".

Top Bottom