• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    A couple friends came over this morning to do some target shooting. One had the XDs in .45ACP which I already knew I liked, but the other had the Shield. I have handled one before and heard a lot of good about it, but have never shot one. I really like this pistol. For me the recoil was not a problem. Slightly more than my CM9, but not bad at all. Very accurate, slightly better than the CM9. Reliability great on both pistols. I will not be switching to the Shield. But this is a great pistol, and a very good option for those that want a small 9mm, but don't care for the Kahr for whatever reason.:yesway::yesway:

Last edited:

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    XD fan here however, after holding the Shield I just had to have one. I have the .40 and really love it. It has a little snap as most .40 but managable. My only complaint is that it shoots to the left. I'm not sure which sight to adjust as I have heard and read the rear is not adjustable.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Shot my nephew's Shield. Man what a great weapon. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

That said, I'm not giving up my LC9. Yet another great weapon.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Shot my nephew's Shield. Man what a great weapon. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

That said, I'm not giving up my LC9. Yet another great weapon.

My older brother carries an LC9. He couldn't hit worth a crap with it! Mud flying up 3 feet in front of the target. LOL. I tried it and found it to be very accurate. Very reliable and manageable recoil. Nice pistol. Just not fond of the trigger. My little brother has the P938. Also very nice!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I'm more impressed with my shield as its better than any of yours.

So is your chest hair and electric guitar from the local cash & pawn!

In all seriousness though, the shield is an amazing CC handgun. I borrowed a friends and I LOVED it. Incredibly accurate and manageable.
    Word is, the next run of an will be coming without that useless safety. Jenkins, here I come.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I just bought my wife a 9mm shield. I have been impressed by them since I first saw one. One nice thing is the relatively inexpensive price. Now if I just buy one for me

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    The 9mm Shield really is a nice pistol. Wish they'd produce a version without the vestigial safety so I could feel comfortable carrying one.

edit: Ha! Just noticed this.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Eh- the safety is quite small an unobtrusive.

I leave mine "off" with no worries at all that it'll ever be "on" should I need the gun.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I won two Shields. Both 9mm They shoot great. They are my CCW pistols for now. Trying to get the trigger right in my SIG 290 RS 9mm. That will be my CCW once the 290 trigger figured out. I switched to the Galloway and feels weird ?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    My older brother carries an LC9. He couldn't hit worth a crap with it! Mud flying up 3 feet in front of the target. LOL. I tried it and found it to be very accurate. Very reliable and manageable recoil. Nice pistol. Just not fond of the trigger. My little brother has the P938. Also very nice!

Yeah. Not too fond of the trigger here either. I will say the LC9 does have a leg up on concealment. It's a tad less bulky and slips into my pocket a lot easier than the Shield.

Held a SIG P938 in my hand at the Right to Bear Arms gun shop. Awesome! Ginny, co-owner, has a P238 for her EDC. She says it is an excellent shooter.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I was torn between a Shield and a Ruger SR9c. I found a used SRC and bought it. Love it. Then a couple weeks later my nephew found a .40 shield used and picked it up. I shot them side by side and the .40 recoil wasn't bad at all. I liked the feel of the shield and wouldn't mind having one in 9mm. Fits my hand good.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Can anyone comment on how the trigger on the shield is compared to a regular M&P? That's the only thing I didn't like about the M&P when I shot it. Trigger was very "spongy" to me and the reset was awful IMO. I'm thinking about replacing my CM9 with something similar.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Can anyone comment on how the trigger on the shield is compared to a regular M&P? That's the only thing I didn't like about the M&P when I shot it. Trigger was very "spongy" to me and the reset was awful IMO. I'm thinking about replacing my CM9 with something similar.
    If your close to the south side of Indy I'll let you try both. Also I have a apex trigger kit in another you can try as well for giggles.
    i think I like the shields trigger even better than the standard m&p trigger, and I even like the regular trigger.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I might have to take you up on that. I've shot one with the APEX. It was better than the original but I still wasn't really a fan. I primarily carry glock so I'm wanting a trigger thats as similar as I can get to that. I used to have an XD and it wasn't a bother to me. Thats got me wanting to look at an XDS.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I might have to take you up on that. I've shot one with the APEX. It was better than the original but I still wasn't really a fan. I primarily carry glock so I'm wanting a trigger thats as similar as I can get to that. I used to have an XD and it wasn't a bother to me. Thats got me wanting to look at an XDS.
    Not a problem. If you decide to do it send me a pm and we will meet up.
    not sure which apex trigger you tried but mine I referenced looks like a glock trigger but is smoother. It's got every apex internal upgrade you can get.
    also stock triggers get better with time but I'm very impressed with the m&p line all around. Mostly the ergonomics are great for me. Glocks have never felt like a natural feel in my hand. I still have them and like them for other reasons.
    heres my core with the apex trigger. Did the one you shot look like this?

Top Bottom