• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    I am having issues understanding carry laws in other states such as Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida. I know my permit is valid in all these states but my issue is me being under 21. Will that be an issue legally? I wanted to ask on here and see before I call the individual states' police in order to be sure. If anyone has had experience in this field I would greatly appreciate input. Thanks :ingo:

BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    My main concern is Florida and Kentucky. handgunlaw.us it says.....Kentucky Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor.
    (Must be 21 years of age or older)......and......Florida will only honor permits from residents of the states they honor. They will not honor a Non-Resident permit from any state they honor. (Must be 21 Years of Age)........so I am not sure the meaning on that. It will be a bummer if I can't in Florida cuz thats where my business meetings are.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    My main concern is Florida and Kentucky. handgunlaw.us it says.....Kentucky Honors Non-Resident Permits/Licenses From the States They Honor. (Must be 21 years of age or older)......and......Florida will only honor permits from residents of the states they honor. They will not honor a Non-Resident permit from any state they honor. (Must be 21 Years of Age)........so I am not sure the meaning on that. It will be a bummer if I can't in Florida cuz thats where my business meetings are.

21 is 21... if you ain't 21... yet... no carry for you, out of state.

Last edited:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Florida will only honor resident permits/licenses. For example: you are a resident of Indiana and have an Indiana LTCH, since Florida honors an Indiana license, you're fine. If you lived, for example, in Illinois and had a Utah permit, Florida honors a permit from Utah, but since you're not a Utah resident they wouldn't honor yours. Not sure about KY. They say that they honor all other states permits, but then say that honor non resident permits but you must be 21. Since their age requirement to get a permit is 21 it seems like they intend for everybody to be 21 to carry there, but that's not how it's worded. Here are a couple of links with more info for you to check out. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My brother just went to florida and carried the whole way. He is 20 and never had a problem.

He never got caught.

I believe in the right of self defense no matter if you are 20 or 22. But your brother just never was detained and found out.

Deep concealment for otherwise law abiding CITIZENS solves lots of problems.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    He never got caught.

I believe in the right of self defense no matter if you are 20 or 22. But your brother just never was detained and found out.

Deep concealment for otherwise law abiding CITIZENS solves lots of problems.

Yep. Had he been caught, he'd have been in deep kim-chee.

Aside: This, BTW, is the reason that WA state does not recognize our LTCH... We have the temerity to allow it to be issued to those under the age of 21.

Blessings,
    Bill

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Call the AG. When I called the KY AG several years ago, I was told that they honored IN LTCH .... even for 18-20 year olds. I don't know if this has changed, or if other any other states have the same policy or not. Best to check them yourself &, if possible, get it in writing.

xmanhockey7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Florida no but my understand is all the other states your good. Handgunlaws says you can't unless you're 21 in Kentucky but that's not what their reciprocity law says and I don't know of any laws they have requiring someone to be 21 to carry concealed other than age to get the permit.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    little advice

Be careful in TN, from what I read if there is a sign posted that guns are not allowed at the entrance of a business or property they do carry the weight of law. (side note a circle with a gun in it and a line through it does not satisfy this)

Top Bottom