• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Have you seen any of the trial videos? They used Trump’s own words over and over. I watched the January 6th rally live. I watched the January 5th pre-rally rally live. It’s his own words that they presented throughout the trial that convicted 8 members of his own party that he caused the siege.
    Care to provide a list of Trump's own words that were specifically problematic or any different than any other political speech language used by countless other poliiticians, including Democrats? Or did you miss the Defense council's part of their case that illustrated just that?

C'mon. You watched the whole thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Care to provide a list of Trump's own words that were specifically problematic or any different than any other political speech language used by countless other poliiticians, including Democrats? Or did you miss the Defense council's part of their case that illustrated just that?

C'mon. You watched the whole thing.
    Sound bites and EDITING

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would encourage you to listen to MCConnell’s speech at impeachment. What Trump is alleged to have done to incite followers on the 6th was markedly and materially different than any allegations about KH bonding people out. It’s too easy to adopt the narrative being dished out by the far right. Research it yourself. See why Liz Cheney voted against her own self-interest.
    I would encourage you to stand back and look at who is doing all of the. Political theater. I have listened to the entire pile of crap that presented. McConnel is a weak kneed squish. The Repubs want to wash him from the party.

Wake up man. Please.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Fabricating evidence in a court of law will normally cost an attorney his law license and career. We therefore then to avoid such fabrication.
    See Kevin Clinesmith. Fabricated evidence in a secret, non-adversarial court. Sentenced to probation, community service, and a fine. No mention of loss of law license. Didn't avoid such fabrication.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would encourage you to stand back and look at who is doing all of the. Political theater. I have listened to the entire pile of crap that presented. McConnel is a weak kneed squish. The Repubs want to wash him from the party.

Wake up man. Please.
    McConnell was the architect of the massive turn to a conservative judiciary which you now enjoy. The judicial branch will remain conservative for a generation or more. Truth be told, on the scales, he outweighs Trump as far as the overall benefit to conservatives.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    McConnell was the architect of the massive turn to a conservative judiciary which you now enjoy. The judicial branch will remain conservative for a generation or more. Truth be told, on the scales, he outweighs Trump as far as the overall benefit to conservatives.
    On that measure I may agree but he lost some spine lately.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    McCuckel would have confirmed Mitt Romney to the Supreme Court, if the nomination were presented to him.

Fortunately, that's not what got sent to his desk. And that's why 74 million people voted for Trump. And still have the option to do so. That Federal Judiciary is a Trump judiciary.

askperts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Plymouth
    Forgive me, as I know numbers aren't everything, but your body of work is all we have to go on. You have been a member for a bit over a month. Of 25 posts, 21 have been in GenPoli and 17 in this particular thread. 2 were about the Sig 365 and 2 were in the new member thread. You should be able to see that a breakdown like that might lead to skepticism about the claim you came here because you love your guns, as would support for congress impeaching a private citizen on their own sayso that doing so was constitutional as well as supporting trying to bar the most popular Republican since Reagan from holding future office. It isn't just INGO, ~80% of Republicans still support Trump and 60+% believe the election was stolen through dishonest means, centered around insecure vote verification, through last minute changes in contravention of their own legislatures

You are more than welcome to discuss your views, but any hint of lecturing us on our supposed shortcomings or gullibility ... well, you've already seen that won't be well received. There is nothing about you so far that would make someone inclined to reassess their viewpoint on 'evidence' you talk up but do not present
    Fair enough, but I haven’t noticed a reciprocal lack of “lecturing” from the residents here either. All seem pretty damn sure they’re right in every post.

askperts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Plymouth
    See Kevin Clinesmith. Fabricated evidence in a secret, non-adversarial court. Sentenced to probation, community service, and a fine. No mention of loss of law license. Didn't avoid such fabrication.
    Felony conviction is an auto suspension in most jurisdictions. Clinesmith was immediately suspended by his home state bar, Michigan. A complaint to disbar him in DC is also pending.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    McCuckel would have confirmed Mitt Romney to the Supreme Court, if the nomination were presented to him.

Fortunately, that's not what got sent to his desk. And that's why 74 million people voted for Trump. And still have the option to do so. That Federal Judiciary is a Trump judiciary.
    You’re giving Trump WAY too much credit. McConnell was no less than masterful in crafting the judiciary. Trump just made the nominations from a list sent his way.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You’re giving Trump WAY too much credit. McConnell was no less than masterful in crafting the judiciary. Trump just made the nominations from a list sent his way.

That list would have looked FAR different had hitlary been president. 3 times over.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Felony conviction is an auto suspension in most jurisdictions. Clinesmith was immediately suspended by his home state bar, Michigan. A complaint to disbar him in DC is also pending.
    I'd say the complaint is a good start, we'll see where that goes. Shouldn't any attorney expect to lose their job, under such circumstances?

12 months probation, and 400 hours community service seems like a pretty sweet deal, to me, for an attorney, working for a federal law enforcement agency, lying under oath in a secret, non-adversarial court.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    On that measure I may agree but he lost some spine lately.
    McConnell is a professional politician. That's why he's done some of the things you (and I) don't really like.

Trump was (is) not a professional politician. That's why he's done some of the things you (and I) do really like. It's also why he's been such a big target for the LLL - they fear his non-conventional approach to some (many?) political issues.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    12 months probation, and 400 hours community service seems like a pretty sweet deal, to me, for an attorney, working for a federal law enforcement agency, lying under oath in a secret, non-adversarial court.
    Lying under oath as part of an attempt to frame the POTUS for crimes he did not commit. He should be doing time, he isn't because he's being protected now that his cohorts are in power.

Just another day in paradise.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fair enough, but I haven’t noticed a reciprocal lack of “lecturing” from the residents here either. All seem pretty damn sure they’re right in every post.
    We are using facts and known truths in our lecturing. What you have done is stumbled into a group of people that for the most part know something of what they speak. For the most part.
    And what I see is that same group putting you in place with those same facts and such.
    If you came to stir the nest in here you will find it full of hornets.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And you stretch to deny Trump credit for anything (everything).
    No, I’m just giving you the facts. McConnell had purposefully focused on changing the judiciary since Obama’s last term. It carried on to the Trump administration.

Top Bottom