KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Apparently I missed this thread...I'm not going to read the whole thing.

Anybody got cliff notes?
    A troll with an ax to grind got shootered. There was much discussion of cheeseburgers, and whether white castle is really good or takeout from the devil. I think that pretty well covers it.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    So rmabrey is inactive for over 3 years, then posts this. No comments. Just a link.

Then remymartin comes along to drop a comment. Last post before this was over 6 years ago.

My conspiracy theory senses are tingling. Something is afoot.

Methinks the Mouse is wise to monitor this thread.

Was just thinking about this since this thread popped up again. Last post from either user was shortly after this thread appeared. They pop in to start **** then vanish into the wind.

I would make reference to feminine hygiene products, but that would be impolite.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Growing up, we were dirt floor poor. Never realized just how poor we were until years later. At one point, my parents were able to get their hands on probably a dozen CASES of WC sliders from a damaged or rejected truck or something, not really sure. Our deep freezer was full of them for the better part of a year. Any time I wanted a snack, or sometimes just for a quick meal, we would grab a couple sliders and nuke them in the microwave. I ate so many sliders, I am traumatized to this day. I can still smell them.

I never realized that dirt poor included deep freezers and microwaves.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    we were not dirt poor but it wasn't supper if there wasn't some form of potato on the table, feeding 5 kids
    required some serious skills.
    and if your going to White Castle i will take a Crave Case and a grape soda please

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I never realized that dirt poor included deep freezers and microwaves.

'Murica!

It includes cell phones and large screen TVs these days.

'Tis true! Most of the poor in America today are living leaps and bounds better than most poor people of just a few years ago. Truly, thanks to 'Murica! and our greatly improved standard of living.

It is this excess, this wealth of resources that gives our elite the opportunity and ability to worry about things that would, in other circumstances, be considered unimportant. For example, do truly starving people in Sub-Saharan Africa or Central Asia worry about the trivial stuff that our liberal elite consider "life and death," especially when the truly poor of the underdeveloped world have real life and death issues to contend with?

For example, one that particularly galls me, is the "words are violence" people. No, people, words are not violence; violence is violence. They get to hold those silly, inane views because of the wealth and excess we enjoy in 'Murica!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom