• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    We went into BW's in Franklin one afternoon last year and the tv volume was VERY loud as was the jukebox, even more so than usual. Being two of the four customers in there at the time we asked if they could turn down the volume some; they responded with "well we ARE a sports bar". We got up and left.

Years back Muncie got a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Decided to take the family there. Kids were young. Place was loud. Had a live singer doing all the Jimmy Buffett songs. No problems until he starts singing "Why Don't We Get Drunk (and Screw)". Didn't think it was appropriate for a family type meal. Asked the waitress about it and she replied "Well this is a Jimmy Buffett restaurant." We got a box to take the food home and never went back. They closed down shortly after. Good.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Those two terms are mutually exclusive. There is no such thing as good ohio style. either its good (sw style), or its ohio style.

I agree. No beans. Cinnamon in the sauce. Spaghetti!!!

There is just chili, 'ohio style' chili is bad spaghetti sauce. Never could understand the cult that arose around Skyline. Analagous to that doughy mush they call Chicago style pizza

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Those two terms are mutually exclusive. There is no such thing as good ohio style. either its good (sw style), or its ohio style.
    Agree with this. I went to work for a Cincinnati based company 30 years ago. I never could figure out why those people seem so proud of that crap.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Years back Muncie got a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Decided to take the family there. Kids were young. Place was loud. Had a live singer doing all the Jimmy Buffett songs. No problems until he starts singing "Why Don't We Get Drunk (and Screw)". Didn't think it was appropriate for a family type meal. Asked the waitress about it and she replied "Well this is a Jimmy Buffett restaurant." We got a box to take the food home and never went back. They closed down shortly after. Good.

OK, Karen. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. No beans. Cinnamon in the sauce. Spaghetti!!!

There is just chili, 'ohio style' chili is bad spaghetti sauce. Never could understand the cult that arose around Skyline. Analagous to that doughy mush they call Chicago style pizza

You guys are freaking nuts.
    I grew up in a family with 7 members eating at the same table. When mom made chili it had to make it all the way around the table with a few seconds and Dad took some to work the next day. Yup. Hoosier style chili. Sketti was the norm. I still like it that way but we have our own recipe.

The chili ate in the short time I lived in Harrison Ohio was just dang good. At least at the pub I ate it at. I miss it.

But to each their own I guess.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You guys are freaking nuts.
    I grew up in a family with 7 members eating at the same table. When mom made chili it had to make it all the way around the table with a few seconds and Dad took some to work the next day. Yup. Hoosier style chili. Sketti was the norm. I still like it that way but we have our own recipe.

The chili ate in the short time I lived in Harrison Ohio was just dang good. At least at the pub I ate it at. I miss it.

But to each their own I guess.

Yep. My parents served it over elbow noodles. It was a cheap way to extend it. I like it either way. But I sometimes will make some noodles to put under mine even tho the rest of the family likes it without.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yep. My parents served it over elbow noodles. It was a cheap way to extend it. I like it either way. But I sometimes will make some noodles to put under mine even tho the rest of the family likes it without.
    I only put macaroni in it if I need to stretch it out another day. If there's only one serving for the two of us, in goes the mac. (or another can of beans, or both).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Never liked the macaroni until CKW made some with it. Not bad but prefer the sketti.

Top Bottom