• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well I tell you what, and im gonna be blunt and not in any attempt to offend.

Its really good here to see REAL Police officers condemning one that was a disgrace and just posing (if he is found guilty). but before INGO I never heard or saw it except privately with a friend or something and of coarse the brass (basically politicians) getting on TV and sucking butt cheek. I wish more of the public could see and hear the good officers speak out like what we see here. I dont know if its frowned upon by the "boss" or not, but I think it would help the community rally behind good police officers.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    man thats bold. not only was it just wrong, but how could he think he wouldnt be reported? a 20 something year veteran. what a way to throw away a good career and also possibly put your fellow co-workers in danger in an already violent community

I'm betting he targeted the Hispanic population in the hopes that large wads of cash and brown skin meant illegal, and thus highly unlikely to report a crime for fear of being deported. :dunno: Can't say for sure, but that'd be my guess.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm betting he targeted the Hispanic population in the hopes that large wads of cash and brown skin meant illegal, and thus highly unlikely to report a crime for fear of being deported. :dunno: Can't say for sure, but that'd be my guess.

When I lived in OK we had a swat team member two doors down. Turns out him and several of his other swat buddies were strong arming the koreans in town who were running gambling parlors out of their backrooms. They THOUGHT nobody would report them, last time I was down there I heard he and his buddies were up for parole and the koreans had received immunity for their testimony.:rockwoot:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Silent Majority.

The good Police Officers are just like most of the good citizens of the world, a silent MAJORITY. God Bless and thank you Frank and Denny, my brother Tom, nephews Brian and Chris, brother in-laws Danny and Mike, uncle Tom and the rest of the truly magnificent officers that daily place themselves between us and harms way. :patriot: :yesway:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yeah, I know it is one of my "brothers". However, I'm going to go ahead and post it up here before someone else does. My e-mail from the dept was not nearly as detailed at 6 news was. Sounds bad. If this is true, let him burn. I did not know him nor work with him. Ugh. So tired of this. So many good officers that do good work every day and this is what we have to show for it.
    Officer Charged With Stealing Money During Traffic Stops - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis
    Well, seems to me like the people in the media don't like any kind of authority figure. They always seem to slam police/military whenever they can, which is BS. The very ones who keep a society free so that they can spew all their crap, are usually the ones who are their targets most of the time. I think we were better off before the news became a 24/7 entertainment outlet for a bunch of brainless wienies that seem to make up most of our society anymore. JMHO.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Careful Jake

Were you gonna wand the ladies, Jake? You could catch something that bleach and a brillo pad won't take off. Commentary like that should probably be in purple so as not to offend folks, at least not as much.:rolleyes:

If it was me, I'd skip the $ but search each female motorists for illegal contraband.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Sounds to me like they heard complaints, investigated appropriately, and will be prosecuting appropriately.

I disagree with those of you who think this reflects badly on the department. People are going to act like jerks. How the department and fellow officers respond to this is what makes the difference, in my opinion.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Sounds to me like they heard complaints, investigated appropriately, and will be prosecuting appropriately.

I disagree with those of you who think this reflects badly on the department. People are going to act like jerks. How the department and fellow officers respond to this is what makes the difference, in my opinion.

they investigated after they received MULTIPLE complaints. now what will be interesting to see is when the first complaint came in and how many additional people were victimized between the first complaint and when they finally launched an investigation. im sure his time on the force helped him avert justice for as long as he did. I mean I hope the professional standards unit isnt so backlogged that they cant investigate serious allegations like these immediately :dunno:

also I would like to see what his ENTIRE previous record looks like. lets see if he had a pattern of bad behavior in his record. maybe they need to start firing people who get 3 strikes in a period of so many months? Im just brainstorming here. I have no idea the current policies regarding discipline but it certainly seems we could maybe predict this type of behavior and address it before it gets to this point?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    they investigated after they received MULTIPLE complaints. now what will be interesting to see is when the first complaint came in and how many additional people were victimized between the first complaint and when they finally launched an investigation. im sure his time on the force helped him avert justice for as long as he did. I mean I hope the professional standards unit isnt so backlogged that they cant investigate serious allegations like these immediately :dunno:

also I would like to see what his ENTIRE previous record looks like. lets see if he had a pattern of bad behavior in his record. maybe they need to start firing people who get 3 strikes in a period of so many months? Im just brainstorming here. I have no idea the current policies regarding discipline but it certainly seems we could maybe predict this type of behavior and address it before it gets to this point?

From the article, it sounded like they got the first complaint around 4 months ago. This prompted them to look back into previous complaints and found another one where he may have been involved.

We may never know all the other details. But he is being prosecuted and I don't see anyone trying to cover it up for him, so I have no complaints.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    From the article, it sounded like they got the first complaint around 4 months ago. This prompted them to look back into previous complaints and found another one where he may have been involved.

We may never know all the other details. But he is being prosecuted and I don't see anyone trying to cover it up for him, so I have no complaints.

im sorry I should have been more clear. I wasnt implying a coverup, I was more thinking that maybe one would see his tenure and not take a complaint as serious. thats not a coverup in my opinion. maybe bad investigative skills though

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    im sorry I should have been more clear. I wasnt implying a coverup, I was more thinking that maybe one would see his tenure and not take a complaint as serious. thats not a coverup in my opinion. maybe bad investigative skills though

yeah that makes sense. hopefully that wasn't the case here but we may never know.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Dang! For the life of me I can't figure out that kind of stupidity. I bet he thought the Mexicans wouldn't complain. It doesn't' matter what he thought though. If he is guilty he needs to get burned. He will also loose his certification. ILEA is gotten real tough on certifications over the last few years.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Innocent until proven guilty guys....That said, probably guilty. Hey at least they suspended him without pay for once!

I can't say I agree with the recommendation for termination until he is actually found guilty though. Just saying...Stranger things have happened.

Oh and 23 years on? Way to toss the pension fella. If this is true, Im sure it wasn't the first time. in that span.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    IMPD officers make good money, especially those on as long as him with the longevity pay. Not to mention there are a ton of part-time employment opportunities available. What a dumbass he is for throwing away his career for a few hundred dollars, and **** him for tarnishing the badge and giving the haters one more reason to lump me into the same pile.

You should run for police chief.
    Seriously...

:yesway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Innocent until proven guilty guys....That said, probably guilty. Hey at least they suspended him without pay for once!

I can't say I agree with the recommendation for termination until he is actually found guilty though. Just saying...Stranger things have happened.

Oh and 23 years on? Way to toss the pension fella. If this is true, Im sure it wasn't the first time. in that span.

Considering several private sector folks run the risk of termination at simply being arrested for something, I don't have a problem with it.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Wow 700 cash and 1500 cash. I haven't "cashed" a paycheck in 30 years. Don't these people believe in banks? It has been so long since I have opened a bank account I don't remember, do you need a ssn and to be in the country legally to open a bank account?
    I am not trying to justify the alleged criminal activity by the leo. If he is guilty of a crime he should be punished.But, when one engages in criminal activity doesn't that put them in higher risk of being a victim of crime?

Top Bottom