IMPD collecting firearms, not even a buy-back!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    IMPD gun buy

I noticed a couple threads about a gun buyback where a group of people outbid the cops and a buyback in east Chicago, but havent noticed this posted yet so please remove if it has beenposted.

I just heard on 95.5 that on April 16th IMPD is having a gun amnesty program. I looked it up online and found a couple articles. It seems as though they are just wanting people to turn in guns to get illegal guns off the streests they say. Doesnt look like they are offering money. May be a way to organize something to buy them, but im not sure how that would work on checking to make sure they arent stolen or anything.

IMPD holds gun amnesty on April 16th - Local News - Indianapolis, IN - msnbc.com

edit: I accidently put gun buy in the title, but as far as I can find they are not offering anything for the guns, just want people to turn them in no questions asked.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Why are all the collection points churches???????

This is just my hypothesis, but...

they are all churches because each and every one of them has a pre-school. That means each one is "school property" under Indiana law. So the IMPD will turn a blind eye to this while people are bringing guns to donate to the IMPD, but if you attempt to buy one from someone, they will probably arrest you for felony possession of a firearm on school property the moment you have the gun in your hands.

IMPD might not be that smart, but they are definitely that sleazy.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I would love to see a group of people hand out flyers at these things explaining:

There is no registration in Indiana, as long as the gun isn't stolen and you aren't a felon, the gun you have is 100% legal.

You do not need a license to own a gun in Indiana

It is 100% LEGAL to sell your LEGAL gun to an FFL or a private individual for REAL MONEY!

The average cost of a handgun is probably around $400

I think the majority of people who will show up for this thing are old widowed women who don't think its legal for them to have their husbands old guns because they aren't registered to them. The police perpetuate the registration thing by always answering "No" when asked by the stupid media people if a gun was registered instead of answering that there is no registration.

Maybe I will drop off all those half full cans of paint I have laying around and a few old car batteries. No questions asked! "here is my gun... CLUNK"

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I guess the officers in charge of the amnesty areas can be contacted to ask specific questions:

Downtown: St. Mary's Catholic Church, 317 N. New Jersey St. Contact officer Thomas Tyson, (317) 327-6500.
    North: Christ Church Apostolic, 6601 Grandview Drive. Contact Sgt. Russell Burns, (317) 327-6100.
    Northwest: Barnes United Methodist Church, 900 W. 30th St. Contact officer Candi Perry, (317) 327-6600.
    Southeast: New Garfield Baptist Church, 2940 E. Minnesota St. Contact officers Kurt Rincker and Ronald Burgess, (317) 327-6300.
    Southwest: Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 1301 N. Goodlet Ave. Contact Lt. Christopher Mosier, (317) 327-6400.
    East: Fervent Prayer Church, 10512 E. 38th St. Contact Sgt. Jeffrey Augustinovicz, (317) 327-6200.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I guess the officers in charge of the amnesty areas can be contacted to ask specific questions:

Downtown: St. Mary's Catholic Church, 317 N. New Jersey St. Contact officer Thomas Tyson, (317) 327-6500.
    North: Christ Church Apostolic, 6601 Grandview Drive. Contact Sgt. Russell Burns, (317) 327-6100.
    Northwest: Barnes United Methodist Church, 900 W. 30th St. Contact officer Candi Perry, (317) 327-6600.
    Southeast: New Garfield Baptist Church, 2940 E. Minnesota St. Contact officers Kurt Rincker and Ronald Burgess, (317) 327-6300.
    Southwest: Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 1301 N. Goodlet Ave. Contact Lt. Christopher Mosier, (317) 327-6400.
    East: Fervent Prayer Church, 10512 E. 38th St. Contact Sgt. Jeffrey Augustinovicz, (317) 327-6200.

Maybe call them up and ask how they are getting around the gun-free-school laws, and the fact you must have a LTCH to transport a handgun in your car. Is IMPD giving a free pass on those laws that day?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, IMPD is acting as a cut out for criminals who want to dispose of instruments of a crime, i.e. evidence?:laugh: Good idea, get the criminals to rid themselves of any evidence they may be holding or someone else's property.

I would love to see a group of people hand out flyers at these things explaining:

Ummm, why not just hang out with pockets full of cash and giant printed posters offering to buy their guns? Why does some other group of people have to do it?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just when you thought that state government had bottomed out, that it couldn't get any more silly, then this.... :rolleyes:

I want to know exactly who had this brilliant idea.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just a guess............

Just when you thought that state government had bottomed out, that it couldn't get any more silly, then this.... :rolleyes:

I want to know exactly who had this brilliant idea.

Well, first off this obviously isn't a state government thing but that's not important.

Just a WAG but this sounds like that idiot Straub. If it can be in any way considered a success, he'll take the credit. If it flops, it will be somebody else's fault. Either way, he'll appear at community meetings and point to it as an attempt to take "illegal" guns off the street.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We need pre-printed signs, very large, "MURDER WEAPON COLLECTION POINT"

Good job, Frank, way to conspire if not aid and abet the criminal element that you are allegedly attempting to suppress, but we can all see that you are trying to help.

Top Bottom