• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Mutual combatants, both engaged equally?

Why get in the middle of it? Neither will want to press charges, nor will they testify against the other because it implicates themselves.

If the prosecutor pursues, its all on the city. Why waste the money???

I agree. If 2 people want to beat each other retarded, they should be free to do so.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    A few nights ago I was downtown walking around the monument circle,downtown Indianapolis, around 9 PM. About 50 ft in front of me a scuffle began between 3 black men but just as it started to escalate a woman jumped in and broke it up:rolleyes:, apparently, they were all acquainted somehow- SO, hears the thing; directly across the street standing around the monument were probably ten or so IMPD (city cops) infully equiped uniforms, apparently BSing to the point that they either didn't see what was going on, saw but it didn't register, didn't care or for whatever reason didn't acknowledge what was taking place. Bear in mind this is a downtown centerpiece for tourists and families with small children. WTF?

Just puttin my 2 cents in because I used to work on the
    circle for years and talked to some of the cops that regularly worked that area often. The ones I knew would tend to sit back and watch a situation to see if it can resolve itself quickly.... At least that was my impression. If they were paying attention thy saw the situation be resolved and did not need police involvement. People get all over cops for getting overly involved but then other get upset when they are not. I can think of a few cops that I know would rather see people resolve issues themselves then get called out because two drunk it jots threw a few punches at each other.

I can't even give you a rough idea on how many idiots I saw on the circle.... You should see it on a Friday or Saturday night during the summer.....

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Maybe the thread title was a poor choice of words since to at least one it implied i was trying to start a cop bashing- i wasn't As explained further to one of the early follow up posts, my point was that the IMPD seemed completely oblivious to anything going on besides there own little gathering. If i had witnessed even one cop turn around, acknowledge what was taking place, and then go back and continue with his party, even THAT would have made me feel more at ease. However, the fact remains, unfortunately for them(IMPD) that has left a strong impression and will stay for quite a while.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    However, the fact remains, unfortunately for them(IMPD) that has left a strong impression and will stay for quite a while.

INGO has proven time and time again that no matter what a police officer does (or doesn't do, or tries to do, or wants to do, or thinks about doing), at least 50% of the people aren't going to like it.

I'll spread the word though and make sure to tell all the officers I come in contact with to make sure they see what they don't see from now on.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    INGO has proven time and time again that no matter what a police officer does (or doesn't do, or tries to do, or wants to do, or thinks about doing), at least 50% of the people aren't going to like it.

I'll spread the word though and make sure to tell all the officers I come in contact with to make sure they see what they don't see from now on.

LOL:laugh:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think it might be best if the OP just let this one fizzle out.

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Since the last post i posted on this thread, i had decided not to post anymore on it- except to say this: If there is a way to shut it down, or delete it i would ask the administrator to do so. I've searched for means to do this and couldn't find anything. One poster suggested it would be a good idea to let it fizzle out- I agree- if that will work, great. This will be my last post on this thread and if there is another post by someone else they can assume all responsibility for the contents of this thread from there on.:yesway:

Top Bottom