• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    If ya ever want to know how to tame an 800 lb gorilla named Jay, just put a little one or a puppy in front of him. It's all over.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If ya ever want to know how to tame an 800 lb gorilla named Jay, just put a little one or a puppy in front of him. It's all over.
    Oh, yeah...!! I forgot about the baby at the diner. Droolin' all over the place! JAY, not the baby! LOL

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    Just ask him why his forearms look like they have been shoved through a briar patch! (hint) here LUCA come on boy.:ingo:

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    Good job Jay, in this day and age with all the negativity that the local and national news spouts, it is pleasurable to hear a positive story and outcome.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    The only implement of death he'd need is half an old gum wrapper, the plastic doo-dad from one end of his shoelace, and a Kleenex.
    I've seen it.
    He's a dangerous geezer, but he's OUR geezer! :rockwoot:
    Wouldn't want to be on the bad side of THAT!:yesway:

The name for this doo-dad is Aglet. Not that you care. Just thought I would share.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    At least I'm not gettin' bruises out of this... so far....... and I do like puppies...... the one I had has become a behemoth, at around 70 pounds. I like babies... when I'm done holding 'em, I can give 'em back. :D

I'm reviewing my friends list.... :cool:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    No, he didn't..... having said that, if this is the worst problem I've got, I"m in pretty good shape...... round is a shape, right ? :D

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    ANNE you just don't know the old geezer very well do you? by the way the range is still open to you and yours. :ingo:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...this afternoon, I had a few errands to run after work. On that list was to return an item to Lowes. So I'm standing at the return counter watching folks as usual, when I felt something warm on the palm of my strong side hand which was hanging at my side !!!
    I filnched, grabbed the something and looked for the agressor, but looked right over his little head..... he was about 4, and looked up at me and asked.." hey, have you seen my mom? " It was obvious to me that he expected me to know where she was. So I hoisted him up, and as soon as his butt landed on my shoulder, he hollered "MOM ??" About this time, mom came around up the aisle, and started fussing at the little one, about not knowing where he was, when he said, "well, HE (pointing at me) knew where I was, but we couldn't find you..." Mom just stared at him, and I laughed..... then began making elevation adjustments to my "radar". :patriot:

Glad it worked out well, Gunny.

I used to work First Aid Team when I was in college. We used to call these, "Lost Parent Alerts", which worked wonders.

I also find myself reminded of the Bill Cosby routine: ...walked down nothing but dark streets..with hundred dollar bills hanging out of my pockets.... and then it happened: Gimme yer dough!

Went into my front pocket... tightened up my elbow.. whipped around.. WooYAAH! it was a midget!

:D....

OK... so... um.. yeah.. it was funnier when he told it. :dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow! Great story!

It does amaze me how parents can lose their kids in a store. I made that mistake one time. They were walking up and down the aisle and the 10y/o thought it would be funny to give me a heart attack by going the next aisle over. :xmad: I thought I was gonna beat em in front of all of Walmart. :xmad: Never had that problem since.

Moral: Keep your kids on a leash or just give them the idea that daddy will beat you senseless in front of complete strangers and friends from their school if they take off! :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Wow! Great story!

It does amaze me how parents can lose their kids in a store. I made that mistake one time. They were walking up and down the aisle and the 10y/o thought it would be funny to give me a heart attack by going the next aisle over. :xmad: I thought I was gonna beat em in front of all of Walmart. :xmad: Never had that problem since.

Moral: Keep your kids on a leash or just give them the idea that daddy will beat you senseless in front of complete strangers and friends from their school if they take off! :D

Note that trying to leash a ten year old is like trying to nail jello to a tree or herd cats. ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Note that trying to leash a ten year old is like trying to nail jello to a tree or herd cats. ;)

Not if they have a hooded sweater or a jacket on. If none is available, there's always throwing the little ones IN the cart and making the older ones hold the pushing handle with you. :D Talk about embarassing. :thumbsup:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not if they have a hooded sweater or a jacket on. If none is available, there's always throwing the little ones IN the cart and making the older ones hold the pushing handle with you. :D Talk about embarassing. :thumbsup:

See, you're talking about control. Control is easier: The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.

I didn't say control, Ryan. I said leash.
    kid-leash.jpg

Much more difficult with a ten year old. :oldwise:

Top Bottom