• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    ...this afternoon, I had a few errands to run after work. On that list was to return an item to Lowes. So I'm standing at the return counter watching folks as usual, when I felt something warm on the palm of my strong side hand which was hanging at my side !!!
    I flinched, grabbed the something and looked for the agressor, but looked right over his little head..... he was about 4, and looked up at me and asked.." hey, have you seen my mom? " It was obvious to me that he expected me to know where she was. So I hoisted him up, and as soon as his butt landed on my shoulder, he hollered "MOM ??" About this time, mom came around up the aisle, and started fussing at the little one, about not knowing where he was, when he said, "well, HE (pointing at me) knew where I was, but we couldn't find you..." Mom just stared at him, and I laughed..... then began making elevation adjustments to my "radar". :patriot:

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm usually among the first to remind folks about situational awareness...
    I can vouch for that!!
    ...this afternoon, I had a few errands to run after work. On that list was to return an item to Lowes. So I'm standing at the return counter watching folks as usual, when I felt something warm on the palm of my strong side hand which was hanging at my side !!!
    I filnched, grabbed the something and looked for the agressor, but looked right over his little head..... he was about 4, and looked up at me and asked.." hey, have you seen my mom? " It was obvious to me that he expected me to know where she was. So I hoisted him up, and as soon as his butt landed on my shoulder, he hollered "MOM ??" About this time, mom came around up the aisle, and started fussing at the little one, about not knowing where he was, when he said, "well, HE (pointing at me) knew where I was, but we couldn't find you..." Mom just stared at him, and I laughed..... then began making elevation adjustments to my "radar". :patriot:
    Glad everything worked out for all of ya! :D

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOVE it.
    I bet you were all kinds of ready to Kung-Fu someone if need be! :) And I bet your wern't expecting it to be a youngster!! I'm glad he found someone Safe like you rather than some creep! :ingo:

I can picture this, clear as day!

RM

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I bet you were all kinds of ready to Kung-Fu someone if need be!
    The only implement of death he'd need is half an old gum wrapper, the plastic doo-dad from one end of his shoelace, and a Kleenex.
    I've seen it.
    He's a dangerous geezer, but he's OUR geezer! :rockwoot:
    Wouldn't want to be on the bad side of THAT!:yesway:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    The only implement of death he'd need is half an old gum wrapper, the plastic doo-dad from one end of his shoelace, and a Kleenex.
    I've seen it.
    He's a dangerous geezer, but he's OUR geezer! :rockwoot:
    Wouldn't want to be on the bad side of THAT!:yesway:

He doesn't even need that....

" Can you crush a Ice cream cone with your thumb and index finger?"

'nuff said!

He's def' our geezer, and we'd fight for him! :D

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    The use of Kung-Fu would most likely injure me much more than my trying to use it would adversely affect anyone else......

heh, heh..... being a geezer, has an up side..... :oldwise: ....... at least on the surface...... :naughty:

;)

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Where's the BEEF in this story? No head-lock... No take-down submissions!
    The kid told me he wouldn't smack me if I helped him find his mom.. ;).. and he even did all the yellin'......... I just stood there and provided a little elevation assist.........:patriot:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Been in this predicament more than i like. I dont see how people can go somewhere and just let there 5 year olds just run loose.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Been in this predicament more than i like. I dont see how people can go somewhere and just let there 5 year olds just run loose.

Have you seen how fast 5 year olds are? :D They can get away quick. Our two year old has a quick first 2 or 3 three steps, and we have to walk / jog briskly to catch her some times.

That doesn't excuse someone leaving the kid to wander around on their own, unsupervised.

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    GUNNY you've just got that warm and fuzzy look about you. you can't even fool the little ones with your kill every one with a cornflake look.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yeah mine are very fast and sneaky, especially when around a clothes rack:xmad:. As my wife says, i tend to be too worried about my surroundings and where my kids are. In my line of work you tend to get used to being like that, as most of you can attest to. I'd rather be too worried than not enough though.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Toodles is a gender specific term and applies only to homosapiens that nurse their young.

I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about this thread........

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about this thread........

i_love_this_thread.jpg

Top Bottom