I'm thinking of buying this AK ... Any reasons why I might not want to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Id buy a SKS before taking a chance on a WASR. Yeah I know some people have had good luck but I havent. Buy a Chinese SKS and a case of ammo for that price. Get a sight tool and dial it in as best you can and you'll be good to go.

The gun is described as a "Romanian AK BPS"
    and Here is What You Get with it:

1 - Romanian Wasr 10 Hi Cap AK Rifle W/ built in Scope Rail....Std Price...$499.99 About $150.00 too much.
    1 - 40" Bulldog Brand Tactical Carry Case W/4 Mag Pockets , Etc..Std Price..$34.99
    4 - Tapco Brand U.S. Made 30 Round AK Mags...Std Price $9.99 ea..=.. Total..$39.96 Buy Commie steel
    1 - Romanian Saw Tooth Back Wire Cutter Bayonet W/ Sheath .. Std Price...$17.99 What are you really gonna do with a Bayo?
    1 - Padded Nylon Fully Adjustable Endura Sling By Allen Mfg, ...Std Price....$9.99 You can get a real AK sling for half this.
    1 - Pair Nylon Earplugs in Keychain Carry Case by Allen Mfg...Std Price....$4.99 Sigh!
    1- Pair Polycarbonate Shooters Glasses by Allen Mfg- Ansi Rated...Std Price...$7.99 $8 ....Really?
    1 - Original Military Belt Type Mag Pouch, ( Styles May Vary ) ... Value....$9.99 Ive seen EG pouches for a $1
    1 - AK Rifle Recoil Buffer ( Not Pictured ) oops, Forgot to put it in. Std Price.. $9.99 Useless
    Total Cost if Purchased Seperately = .....$635.88
    All for only $499.99
    You Save Over $135.00

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Here is a pic of what is for sale:
    http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/Rom-BPS-SP2-copy.jpg

The gun is described as a "Romanian AK BPS"
    and Here is What You Get with it:

1 - Romanian Wasr 10 Hi Cap AK Rifle W/ built in Scope Rail....Std Price...$499.99
    1 - 40" Bulldog Brand Tactical Carry Case W/4 Mag Pockets , Etc..Std Price..$34.99
    4 - Tapco Brand U.S. Made 30 Round AK Mags...Std Price $9.99 ea..=.. Total..$39.96
    1 - Romanian Saw Tooth Back Wire Cutter Bayonet W/ Sheath .. Std Price...$17.99
    1 - Padded Nylon Fully Adjustable Endura Sling By Allen Mfg, ...Std Price....$9.99
    1 - Pair Nylon Earplugs in Keychain Carry Case by Allen Mfg...Std Price....$4.99
    1- Pair Polycarbonate Shooters Glasses by Allen Mfg- Ansi Rated...Std Price...$7.99
    1 - Original Military Belt Type Mag Pouch, ( Styles May Vary ) ... Value....$9.99
    1 - AK Rifle Recoil Buffer ( Not Pictured ) oops, Forgot to put it in. Std Price.. $9.99
    Total Cost if Purchased Seperately = .....$635.88
    All for only $499.99
    You Save Over $135.00

I'm new to Russian rifles, but everyone tells me that they are the way to go in a SHTF situation. This SEEMS like a good deal for only $499 + s/h but I would like to hear from you AK gurus out there. Is this a good model or should I go find a different one? Keep in mind I don't want to spend more than $600 on an AK due to budget constraints.

Thanks in advance to the gurus :bowdown:

HP

That seems to be the going price. You are saving zero on the package deal.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Reasons for Not Buying an AK (short list):

-You owe child support
    -Rent is Due
    -Car Payment
    -You owe your parents money
    -It's you wife/GF's birthday
    -You owe taxes
    -You have 5 AKs already
    -You owe the paperboy $2 (anyone get the ref?)
    -You have no fingers, and aren't so good with your toes
    -You are on the verge of starvation

I didn't ask for dime...

GOT IT!

Top Bottom