• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I got Food and water covered for the house. Still need to work on heat but have enough for 5 days.
    Away from home I am in trouble. Someone just totaled my truck for me. In a loaner vehicle. Not much for supplies in loaner.
    I think I could survive for 5 days with what is in my EDC bag. Using snow and ice for water. It would just not be much fun.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Got food for 6 months to a year easy, check.
    Got wood for the whole winter plus(it's our ONLY source of heat), check.
    Got water for a LONG time, years, check.
    Got enough deep cycle and car batteries charged to run an inverter for the necessary appliances for a couple weeks if used sparingly, no genset but with the alternator from my truck or the wifes car and a 25cc weedeater motor hooked to the inverter and a battery I'm good to go there, check.
    No meds required, check.
    Got first aid, check.
    Got guns and ammo, check.
    Got games, cards, dice, a few good books, etc..., check.
    Got about 10 pounds of tobacco, rolling papers, corncob pipe, check.
    Got flashlights and batteries, candles, check.
    Just restocked the liquor cabinet, check.
    I think that about covers it so yeah, I'm good to go at home. Bring it on. On the road, keep enough of everything in the freightshaker to keep me going for at least 2 weeks. If I'm too far away from home to walk back through a blizzard in short order then I'm in the Semi so no problems here.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I think today I'm gonna practice. I'll pretend that I'm snowed in. I won't leave the house. I'll sit around, eat some food, monitor the television and INGO. When it starts snowing I'm going to convert some wine and beer into waste products as part of my training day.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    well Id be pretty good i think, 400 gallons plus of diesel fuel, 2 diesel generators, one is freaking huge, the other is much smaller but enough to power most essentials. Ive got a wood burning stove and 4 hay wagons full of wood, im good for heat, water wouldnt be an issue, several cases of bottle water but snow is also meltable. Food wise, im good on perishables and can goods for probably 3 weeks, after that ive got some MREs and if worse comes yet, 54 head of cattle. If i do need to rescue anyone, ive got a tractor with 4 feet of ground clearance and if that dont work, my neighbor a 1/4 mile away has a 600 hp 4wheel drive international with duals on all four corners. I think Im pretty good for awhile:cool:

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    We would be completely fine except for milk. With two young ones, we go thru roughly a gallon every othe day. It's something we stop for often, but we buy a couple gallons at a time so it would really depend on what day the event fell on. As of this exact moment in time, we've got 1 full gallon (which would immediatly be rationed), after that the kids would be on a supplement (such as boost/ensure) until we could get to the store. Other than that, we're easily stocked for 5 days (closer to 20 days) worth of living here.

Go find your closest Dollar Tree , they have UHT milk in 32oz containers for a dollar a carton . It has a shelf life of about a year. Things changed for me when my granddaughter came along .:twocents:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It is 9 :02 PM.

As of right now you have to stay at your place for 5 days due to heavy snows and you have no power. Those that are not home have less than an hour to get home before the roads are closed from blowing and drifting snow.

Is everyone home? What are you missing that you might need in these five days.

Those that are too far away from home, do they have enough gear to stay warm in the car overnight, before they can be rescued?

Just 5 days?! I laugh at 5 days. Well maybe not laugh. Up here in North Central Indiana we have had enough Power Outages that hopefully some have learned that they are fairly common thing up here, and tend to last 7-14 days out here in the country...

Top Bottom