I'm so glad I don't live in California...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Thats just crazy. That State comes up with the most Liberal Laws and Rules. Alot of what happens there tends to move East. Might just be the start.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Arnold's a Republican??? That's what happens when you're wed to a Kennedy. God Bless You Mitch.

Funny thing though. They just elected an even goofier dude to take over there with Brown, so they get what they deserve, and WE'LL be Bailing them out.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Indiana is sounding better by the day...

Cabelas: California Ammunition Restrictions

No, Indiana isn't sound better, but California is sure sounding worse and worse. I do not understand how the people let that cesspool keep getting worse.

It sounds like gun owners either need to start reloading, or make trips to AZ a few times a year. That would have the added benefit of keeping the increasingly bizarre California government from getting the sales tax!

I mean honestly, being fingerprinted and having all of your info recorded just to buy ammo?

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Just wait. Soon they will have a new reg requiring marksmen to account for every round expended. They will have to log every round fired at the range. Of course this will require a new gooberment audit division to check these records.

SundayShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Hancock County
    Responsible gun ownership is about self control and common sense. These are two items that are obviously missing in California.

I wonder if the California criminals are going to follow this law. Probably not. Another strike against an honest person being able to defend themselves.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have to travel to California for work on a regular basis and as a gun owner AND a smoker, I despise it.

I will say that, in my experience, once you get away from San Fran/Oakland and the L.A. area people are basically normal. Unfortunately, those population centers are so big that they swing the vote over to the lunatics.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is hard to remember that commiefornia used to be one of the 50 states governed by The Constitution of the United States of America.

I am also guessing that firearm owners of that state must be the most apathetic people in existence to allow those unconstitutional and plain stupid laws to happen.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    How can Arnold call himself a Republican who believes in conservative values and sign a bill like this? I understand why they have lost population in recent years, probably the ones who are fed up. I recently fled from Illinois and am very glad I did. The politcal thinking over there is much like Callyfornia.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    I recently fled from Illinois and am very glad I did. The politcal thinking over there is much like Callyfornia.

I moved here from Illinois in 2007...and will never move back...unfortunately, all my family is there, so I do have to go back and visit once in a while...bastards...

I can't get over how cheap it is to live here...

Back to the topic, though...I sold a gun to a guy on gunbroker who works for the Border Patrol...and he even said the laws are crazy...he only lives there because he was transferred, but hates it...

My cousins moved to CA from Missouri, and they used to be decent people...now they are self-centered and stuck up...I can't even stand to be around them...

Erick

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Indiana is sounding better by the day...
    Yeah, with regard to gun laws, as long as there are places like CA, IL, NJ, and some others, Indiana will look good by comparison.

No, Indiana isn't sound better, but California is sure sounding worse and worse. I do not understand how the people let that cesspool keep getting worse.
    It might have something to do with being outnumbered in your own State. A study of the political and demographic trends in CA over the last 50 years might yield some answers. The tipping point, if there was a single point, was passed years ago. Many have left for various reasons, while others having ties there have chosen to stay and press on against what appear to be increasingly overwhelming odds.

It sounds like gun owners either need to start reloading, or make trips to AZ a few times a year. That would have the added benefit of keeping the increasingly bizarre California government from getting the sales tax!
    Many have been doing this for years.

I mean honestly, being fingerprinted and having all of your info recorded just to buy ammo?
    Yes, a ridiculous and insulting continuation of the trend. But then again, I had to do the same to "legally" carry my own sidearm off my own property in my home State.

Top Bottom