• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    So I have Netflix and have watched all the weapons/combat shows I can find on there(Surviving the Cut,and pretty much any other military training show and weapons show I can find).

Moved on to YouTube and watched pretty much all the shows on there that I can remember from the Military Channel(Special Ops Mission,Top Tens, Weaponology),SpikeTV(Deadliest Warrior),and the History Channel(Lock N Load with R Lee Ermy,Top Shot,Tales of the Gun).

Anyone got any other shows I'm forgetting?Please help cure my boredom!

Also,not looking for movies but reality/educational.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    On Youtube search "wings discovery channel". The show is a bit dated, but goes into pretty good detail about the aircraft it covers. I think when I was a kid, I watched darn near every one of these. Also a bit dated, but just as interesting is the Connections series with James Burke (just search "connections James Burke"). Not directly military related, but makes you think about history in a very different way. The first series is the best, even if it was made in the late 70's.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You can get a lot of good gun information from Nutnfancy, FPSRussia, etc on Youtube. Actually there are a lot of good, informative videos, documentaries, and whatnot there. I periodically look up a particular airplane and find good shows, Wings and others. There are good gun videos as well. I've been watching a series of Vietnam documentaries lately. All kinds of stuff there.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Serious answer: youtube always has the "suggestions" videos on the same screen. Click one. Might open up a new world. Mr88GT got sucked into the videos of a repo guy for a while. :rolleyes: Oy. Those were interesting.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Nothing beats a good book. I've got a virtual library of books on my Kindle that my son and I share...maybe 100 books or so. I can never claim I'm bored with those available.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Archer, lots of good weapons stuff on there.

Favorite quote, "so what, I'm spooning a Barrett .50 cal, I could kill a building!"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, you want movies/films just about guns?

Guns of War? Gun documentary made for cadets at West Point. Narrated by a Hoosier.

Amazon.com: Guns Of War: Guns of War, n/a: Movies & TV

(This receives the highest of gun geek honors. It is one guy talking for hours about small arms. If you do not own this DVD, hang your head in shame and then go buy it).

Or, how about the Thunder Ranch training DVDs? Not shouting, no facial hair, no traaaaaansitions, just logic.

Thunder Ranch® Oregon Store

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I know it's sacrilege, but Netflix as much more on it that those shows you mentioned. I am currently watching the first season of the X Files and am enjoying it greatly. Lots of old stuff on their to watch.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Right now I'm onto Dogfights from the History Channel.I like it so much because you get to listen to these old pilots tell their war stories.I'd love a show like that,just an old man sitting there telling stories.

I don't usually get much away from guns and combat tactics,but when I do,it's planes and ships.I like Modern Marvels but can't find any of the good ones on YouTube.

Top Bottom