• ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    5tw28o.jpg

As some of you may know, a couple weeks ago, I decided to walk away from a 12-year career in publishing to pursue an opportunity in an entirely different industry. Well, my new gig starts tomorrow, I don't believe the nature of the job and the time requirements involved will allow me to continue to fulfill my duties as an INGO Moderator, so I have decided to resign from my post, effective immediately (or whenever the powers that be get around to changing my status and permissions). Being an INGO Moderator has been a lot of work, a heck of a lot of fun, and a real eye-opening experience, and I will miss it dearly.

That said, don't think you're getting rid of me. :D The new job I'm stepping into is an Assistant Manager position at Bradis Guns, where part of my responsibilities will include overseeing the shop's presence on INGO. I look forward to representing Bradis in a more official capacity here, and doing things to make the most of our INGO Advertiser status and benefits. Most of all, since I'll be in the shop full-time now, I look forward to seeing my INGO friends in person on a regular basis, and meeting many more members for the first time.

It's a brave new world. Wish me luck! :ingo:

Let's be honest here, you are just feeding your firearms addiction. :):

Have fun!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You'll be back...they always come back. Like that one guy...what's his name?? ;)

techres?

:D

Congrats on the new position Mark. You've been a great asset to INGO during your time as Moderator, and I have no doubt that you'll be just as effective while at Bradis.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Aww man. Do you know how much of a pain it is to bribe...er...I mean train a new mod around here?

Best of luck to you Shooter!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Congrats on the job. You're one of the guys who should be good at it, and enjoy it at the same time. Its just to bad you have to deal with the general public! ;)

Im curious, if you dont mind me asking, but what did you do at the publishing company??

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Its just to bad you have to deal with the general public!

What's that old saying? "This job would be great if it wasn't for the ****ing customers". :): Some days can be like that, but it helps when you have a team of solid employees to support you, and a good rapport with your customer base. And I'm working in an industry I'm interested in and excited about; it ain't the same as running a fast food joint or something (which I have also done, and which sucked).

Im curious, if you dont mind me asking, but what did you do at the publishing company??

I was the Production Manager, so I handled project management for a number of publications (dealt with customers, ensured we met stated deadlines and projects stayed on budget, etc) supervised the production staff (editors/artists/proofreaders), and did production work myself as needed.

Oh, and what's this business about a Bradis II?????

Coming soon... :shady:

Top Bottom