I'm not sure Andre Carson has my interests covered. Response from a letter...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Here's what I received from Andre Carson in a reply to a letter I sent him.
    I'm not so sure he has my interests or the Constitution covered.
    Before I make sure I don't like him I'd like to make sure I'm not biased.
    Your thoughts on his reply please.

Thank you for contacting me to voice your concerns about the protection of the Second Amendment. The opinions and concerns of my fellow Hoosiers are essential to the decision making process as a Member of Congress.

As a former law enforcement officer, I respect the constitutionally guaranteed right of all Americans to bear arms and believe that it should be protected. Most American gun owners register their weapons, follow all necessary safety precautions, and use them only as tools for protection or recreation. However, the United States has an unacceptably high level of gun crime. I believe that strong restrictions must be enacted to protect both the public and the Second Amendment rights of all Americans.

I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue and I hope you will continue to contact my office on future issues. I encourage you to visit my website at Congressman Andre Carson | Representing the 7th District of INDIANA where you can view the latest news and updates about pertinent issues and legislation important to you, or follow me on Twitter @RepAndreCarson. You may also sign up for my weekly e-newsletter The Carson Courier to receive periodic updates on my activities in Indianapolis and in Washington, D.C. As always, my staff and I are here to serve you. Please feel free to contact me if we ever can be of further assistance to you.
    Sincerely,

André Carson

André Carson
    Member of Congress

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    As a former law enforcement officer, I respect the constitutionally guaranteed right of all Americans to bear arms and believe that it should be protected.

[snip]

I believe that strong restrictions must be enacted to protect both the public and the Second Amendment rights of all Americans.

Jumbo Shrimp. Stripeless Zebras.

HUGE MIDGETS!

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'm not sure he has anyone's interests covered other than his own. Who is registering their weapons and with what authority? What kind of strong restrictions should be placed on the law abiding citizen? Is there gun crime in this country? Yep, but at the lowest rate in several decades. Must be those law abiding citizens with registered guns helping out. Remember Harry who he votes with nearly 100% of the time.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm not sure he has anyone's interests covered other than his own. Who is registering their weapons and with what authority? What kind of strong restrictions should be placed on the law abiding citizen? Is there gun crime in this country? Yep, but at the lowest rate in several decades. Must be those law abiding citizens with registered guns helping out. Remember Harry who he votes with nearly 100% of the time.
    Oh, I know who and what he is. I tried to save the purple ink. His reply is out in the open. He won't get my vote. Heck, I wouldn't tinkle on his shoes if his strings were on fire.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I love Andre's continuing reference to being "a former law enforcement officer". For those who don't know, he was on the State Excise Police, a job most surely garnered for him by his aunt/grandmother/whatever Julia who had the skids greased quite well in Marion County. According to a friend who is well connected with State level LE, Andre was somewhat less than respected by his peers. He's nothing but an Obama lap dog!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Carson is one of those who is guaranteed to win regardless as to whether there is an election or not on election day.

He is also one who doesn't understand what the constitution is all about, and the fact that murder is already illegal, and punishing honest people has never worked for their betterment.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What is this gun registration he speaks of?

HalfMileHarry: One word of advice: move. 4th District is just to your west.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    the constitutionally guaranteed right of all Americans to bear arms and believe that it should be protected.
    I believe that strong restrictions must be enacted to protect both the public and the Second Amendment rights of all Americans.

This man needs help.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

This man needs help.

I was thinking the same thing. Let's say one thing, and then immediately after say the complete opposite. It's so funny that I want to try!

I like cheeseburgers. I don't like cheeseburgers. Do I like cheeseburgers or not?:dunno: I don't know, you tell me if you want me to like cheeseburgers!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've never registered any guns so I don't know what he's talking about. It's nobody's business what kind of guns I have or don't have.

Andre doesn't have any of my interests covered. :rolleyes:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was thinking the same thing. Let's say one thing, and then immediately after say the complete opposite. It's so funny that I want to try!

I like cheeseburgers. I don't like cheeseburgers. Do I like cheeseburgers or not?:dunno: I don't know, you tell me if you want me to like cheeseburgers!

(. . . but ultimately whether or not I like cheeseburgers will depend solely on which choice will benefit me the most.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

quote-doublethink-means-the-power-of-holding-two-contradictory-beliefs-in-one-s-mind-simultaneously-and-george-orwell-139697.jpg

Top Bottom