im new but what are the INS and OUTS from........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lionhrt9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    NW Indiana, Hobart
    Postin the NRA sticker on my wifes car as a bumper sticker. I just thought it was automatic,.. She is a sometimes carrier, but I am a full time carrier with a lifers permit.

Just wanted to get some opinions, I know some are not NRA supporters and thats cool too. Just remember a fellow Hoosier, new carry guy! Thanks for your input!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :welcome: to :ingo:!

I also am an NRA Lifer, but you'll find no stickers on my vehicle indicating that fact. You see, sometimes, I might have to park somewhere and leave a firearm in my vehicle, and while it will be safely secured, without a sticker, mine blends in with everything else in the parking lot. With a sticker, I could be targeted for robbery, and that would just suck all around.

Do what you want with yours, but that's my :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    My dad put one on the rear bumper of his Silverado so people give him space on the highways in Chicago.

He said he doesn't get tailgated or cut off much anymore... Lol

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I have three NRA stickers, and a **** on gun control. I never leave a gun unatended in my jeep. I have never had a single problem!

While I don't leave unattended guns in the vehicle, a thief isn't going to know that until AFTER they have broken in. So I don't advertise, just like I carry concealed and try not to let it show.:twocents:

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I have a moral imperative against bumper stickers.

All it takes is one accident where you cut someone off or do something stupid, and you'll get, "Those Damn [insert group]! They think they own the road!"

You'll find no Icthus fish, NRA, pro-life, etc. anywhere :).

That and they're a pain to remove if you buy a used car with a confed flag already on it :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I used to sport my NRA sticker on my car. Very visible and easy to see there is nothing in my car. Hubbies Tahoe and truck was a different story, no NRA sticker but parked right next to mine. Broke into many times while parked next to mine. The $250+ it took to replace the window each time wasn't worth sporting the NRA sticker. No break ins since it was removed.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have the mandatory INGO sticker on my truck! :ingo:

Only those is the know, know.

Also one of these......
    C:%5CDocuments+and+Settings%5Cjarodsmith%5CDesktop%5Cecolarge.jpg

I wonder if the prius drivers like it? :dunno: :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Possibly apocryphal stories of people being pulled over for having NRA or conservative stickers:

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Better Take that Conservative Bumper Sticker Off Your Car!

Stickers on your car - good or bad? - Spyderco Forums

Issue 095
    NRA STICKER WASN’T ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY AUTO SEARCH

A three-judge panel of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that a National Rifle Association sticker on a pickup truck was not enough justification to warrant a police search of the vehicle for a gun.

In a 2-1 decision, the Court found that police in a Dallas suburb did not have probable cause when they searched the truck of JEFFREY L. ESTEP in turned up a pistol shut in a case.
    Professor Bellesiles resigns · United Nations declares war on gun ownership · Poll: More gun laws won’t help · Supreme Court hears “restored gun rights” case · Can an NRA sticker on your car get you arrested? · They picked the wrong house in our Page Eight “Parting Shot”
    Estep sued three Garland, Texas police officers over the March 29, 1993 search and his subsequent arrest. He had been initially stopped for speeding, according to the court record.

The vehicle also contained a camouflage jacket, according to the court. Estep heard one of the officers tell another officer that he suspected a weapon had been present because of the NRA sticker.

The panel’s majority wrote, “If the presence of an NRA sticker and camouflage gear in a vehicle could be used by an officer to conclude he was in danger, half the pickups in the state of Texas would be subject to a vehicle search.”

Personally, I just don't like having stickers on a car that I paid many thousands of dollars for. I don't even like the stupid license plate frames that dealerships always put on.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    yep i dont like stickers. especialy gun organization stickers. whats to stop a scum anti gun nut from seeing your NRA sticker and calling the police and saying you waved a gun at them? they got nothing to lose but you do. if you have a gun in the car how are you gonna prove you didnt do it? you know the police probly arent gonna belive you on the scene. just a thought

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    While I don't leave unattended guns in the vehicle, a thief isn't going to know that until AFTER they have broken in. So I don't advertise, just like I carry concealed and try not to let it show.:twocents:

Just because someone does have a sticker though, does not mean they have a gun in their car. Allot of NRA members are just hunters. That's like saying do not drive a nice car, because it might get broken into or stolen because you are advertising you have money! Which is not always a fact.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    yep i dont like stickers. especialy gun organization stickers. whats to stop a scum anti gun nut from seeing your NRA sticker and calling the police and saying you waved a gun at them? they got nothing to lose but you do. if you have a gun in the car how are you gonna prove you didnt do it? you know the police probly arent gonna belive you on the scene. just a thought

Good point, but it's your word against theirs. Also chances are by the time you do get pulled over, there will be no other witnesses.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    To me NRA stickers on cars are like the "This home protected by S&W" stickers that people put on their front door: they let people know a good place to rob when no one is around. I can't be home all the time, and I can't be in my car all the time either. I put one sticker in my workshop with the other stickers I have collected and threw the reversed one away. I hate bumber stickers with a passion anyway.

Last edited:

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I don't quite agree with NOT advertising you are a 2nd amendment advocating NRA member or S&W owner. Would a thief or other perp prefer an unarmed Prius driver's house who won't defend himself or a pickup driving-gunowner's property who would fight back. I'm saying criminals are scared of resistance-they go for the easy score........unarmed, unprotected sheeple.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I will not deface my car by slapping some cutesy vinyl tag on it. To hell with that notion. Moreover, I don't care who's in power, I'm not going to go out of my way to give ISP a reason to pull me over or to treat me like a criminal if/when I get pulled over for a traffic stop. No sir. You all can air your allegiances and preferences to the world-at-large, but I'd rather blend in and move about with as much stealth as my old car can garner.

lionhrt9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    NW Indiana, Hobart
    thanks for all the info and comments!!! I believe since it is my wife's car that I will remove the sticker as if something was to "go down" with the ISP or whomever I was it be me that is effected, not her, she didnt choose that sticker. So I will remove it, thanks again everyone!!!

:ingo:

Top Bottom