• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I'm thinking of buying a good survival type backpack and looking for suggestions. I do not want to spend several hundred dollars on one, but would like a well built pack, and be a medium sized. Most weight it would see would more then likely be about a 5 pound compound bow strapped to it somehow. I noticed OAKLEY sells nice looking bags, are the worthy of a survival pack? What other makers should i look at? Thanks.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Contact Indygunworks, he has 2 he wants to sell, one that is a medical bag and one that is a pack that you can carry a rifle in. He lives in Cumberland. 317-650-9989

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i got a couple myself, i have a remington backpack with rifle holer from walmart for 20 bucks, and i also got a black hawk 3day assault pack for the 1500 for 35 bucks

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    OP, keep your eyes out for used packs. let some other guy take the retail hit. Im a guy who is constantly getting new stuff to try, and some things I like and keep, but a lot i dont and trade or sell. keep your eyes out. WARNING: once you start buying packs its hard to stop ;)

you want a good and affordable beginners bag? get a military (authentic) A.L.I.C.E. Pack. found lightly used for around $35, and will take a huge beating and ask for more, and even say please.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Any Army surplus stores around you? Swing by one someday, or maybe it would be worth it o order one from Cheaper than dirt or Sportsmans Guide online. ALICE packs are reat, as wellas Swiss Military stuff/Eastern Europe Stuff. I once had a rubberized Swiss pack that I bought for like $10 at a Flea Market. It was well worth it.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    i use a specialty defense molle II pack for BOB, tons of room if you need it and you can add other packs to it. if you don't have a bunch of stuff in it you can draw the straps tight to compress the main sack, plus its vulcanized to help keep the water out. i purchased it on ebay for around $60 shipped and assembled.

tn

tn

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    If you want a pack you can strap a bow too. Check the guide series packs at Gander Mountain. You can get a decent pack for around 70 bucks that's made for bow hunters that can serve double duty as a shtf pack. As far as packs from a army surplus unless they are military issued I would stay away from them. Most of the off brand packs are junk. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to packs.

If you plan on carrying alot of weight I would recommend a pack with enternal frame, strenum strap and heavily padded waist strap. It makes a big difference when you distribute the weight to your hips instead all of it being on your shoulders.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    A.L.I.C.E. pack until you find out exactly what you want to carry. Then you can get a bag that fits your needs. Thats if you can stop carrying good old Alice.

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    S.O. Tech mission pack, expedition. Designed for special forces medics. I bought one for 169.00 I love it. It's a three day pack that turns into a five day pack.

rideac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    i've been looking around for a decent backpack also. from what i've seen you cant beat the price of an ALICE pack /w frame. on ebay and other sites they range from 35-50ish. I will likely be acquiring one next week sometime.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Camelbak is the right idea. Sometimes new/used packs pop up on popular auction websites for a very reasonable price.

Top Bottom