• techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Shay brings the best threads...

Upping the tactical, reducing the safety, hoping the need is offset by the liability waivers that will be in court - probably sooner than later.

It's all a matter of trade off's.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Shay brings the best threads...

Upping the tactical, reducing the safety, hoping the need is offset by the liability waivers that will be in court - probably sooner than later.

It's all a matter of trade off's.

I dont really see the need as a civilian for training such as this, but LE/military it is invaluable. Too much chance for something to go wrong to justify the risk vs benefit to myself at this point.
    In a military setting though, this training could save a life. Typically it all starts with LOTS of classroom time, followed by quite a bit of dry run exercises. Even then, accidents do happen, but they wouldnt look very cool in an advertisement video.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I went to their website. On the front page they have some footage of an actual pistol class. It looked like they cover the same pistol fundamentals you see in any other class. Sure, they put out a cool video of their instructors doing some neat drills. I don't think they are running every student who comes to their school through these drills on day one.

Once a person has a good background in gun handling and marksmanship, these type of drills really aren't that unsafe or difficult. I've been involved in drills along these lines (not exactly this stuff). It was not particularly unsafe. I will continue to train this way when I have the opportunity to do so. (Talking about drills where people might be down range. Not the spinning and diving.)

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Those guys (and gals) are pretty squared away. It takes a pretty good while to get to the level that they are at. There are only a handful of guys I work with that I'd be willing to participate in drills like this with.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's a good demonstration of the ability of their instructors. I would take one of their classes, but only for such situations that could occur in my daily life. I'm not clearing any houses these days.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    My Glock has some how dis-assembled on its own and scampered away yelping in hope I do not try to do any of what I just saw. I think I saw the slide hide under the fridge.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When I see this kinda stuff it makes me wonder if there is such a thing as over training. With all this spinning, coreographed type manuvers and shooting past your other team members heads and what not. I don't know that with training like this over an extended period of time would'nt tend to make a person jumpy and at a certain point it being so ingrained as to be just a reaction. To me it would seem harder in the heat of the moment in an actual life and death encounter to pull off all theses moves and differentiate between what is a legit target that needs to be taken out or an innocent one.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    What kind of hits are they getting on target?

I have seen videos of the lady in competitions, and she doesnt miss, you can hear the steel ring after every shot. I was quite mesmerized by a few of her videos.
    I dont doubt their abilities, I guess I am just too lazy to get that fancy with my pistol skills.

JFrost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    That. Is. Crazy. The majority of their students have to be LE/Military. Does the military (ANY military) actually use civilians to train their soldiers? Seems almost too much... Private bodyguards?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There is no need for anyone to take their pistol skills to that level unless you're looking to put out videos or do exhibitions of skills or be on a movie set. I equate stuff like this to someone that does martial arts and learns technicques then puts them all together in a routine or "kata". Sure all that stuff looks good and impressive in a dojo setting or an exhibition but most of it is'nt very practical or useful in a real life self defense situation. The average person needs to train in fundamentals and different force on force type situations and keep it simple because in a real life encounter the adrenaline rush that takes place only diminishes fine motor skills to the point where most people would not beable to pull off alot of the things they see on these type of videos.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    There is no need for anyone to take their pistol skills to that level unless you're looking to put out videos or do exhibitions of skills or be on a movie set.

Yeah, being more skilled could never be helpful in a real gunfight.

... in a real life encounter the adrenaline rush that takes place only diminishes fine motor skills to the point where most people would not beable to pull off alot of the things they see on these type of videos.

Don't you think your level of training and mastery of skill has an impact on how well you can apply them in real situation?

Top Bottom