• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrlj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    price

If it's too high it won't sell, simple. I want some mags for a new rifle I bought, the price is crazy every where I look and I won't pay it, but at the same time these same ads have sold on them so whatever the market will bear

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    This is :ingo:. Weapons are not a business, but a holy crusade. Kick the money changers out of the temple. :cool:

I felt the same way and over at ar15.com cheaper than dirt was protected by the ar15 staff when the **** storm started. ar15 is nothing but a bunch of money grubbing whores and many long time members lost their membership due to speaking out about it. ar15 felt like the rtkba arms wasnt as important as keeping cheaper than dirt in the advertiser fold. :xmad:

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I figure it's a free country, if you're an individual selling something, ask what you want and if someone pays it so much the better. It's different if you are running a business. You might make some money in the short term, but customers have long memories and there are lots of ways to buy firearms and ammo. Most of us probably support our LGS not because they offer the lowest prices but because we want to support a local business.

In the end, it's our decision where and from whom we buy stuff!! If they need to charge high prices to stay in business I understand. I just won't buy from them. I don't expect them to run a charity and I don't expect to pay more than necessary to pay their light bill.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    I am one of those people who are in it for the money as well. I go to work, and I feel I give the company fair value for what they pay me. And so far they are happy enough with my services to keep paying me to do it. Do I like my job? Yes, I do. Would I continue to do my job if they stopped paying me? Not for them. That would be the time to go work for myself or find other employment.

Regarding the other conversation thread here. Ammo price gouging. I am with everyone else on b****ing and moaning about prices and unavailability. I don’t think its price gouging though. That's just the demand curve of market forces at work. Supply and demand 101.

Regarding the legal definition of price gouging. Indiana does have a price gouging law on the books. Here's the link.
    Indiana Code 4-6-9.1
    Decide for yourselves.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom