• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The engineers at Ruger should get an award of some sort. I have no idea how they were able to design a gun that small with a 12lb and 4 foot trigger pull! My friend hasn't had any reliability issues with his, but accuracy is difficult with that trigger.

Simple... They copied KelTec!

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    " I can conceal and no one would be the wiser. Not only that, the owner most likely wouldn't care" The first thing you should do is have a conversation with the Owner to find out if he's a Gun Guy. Then slowly introduce the CC option. Unauthorized Carry at work is a Huge NoNo. You may be searching for another "New Job".

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    " I can conceal and no one would be the wiser. Not only that, the owner most likely wouldn't care" The first thing you should do is have a conversation with the Owner to find out if he's a Gun Guy. Then slowly introduce the CC option. Unauthorized Carry at work is a Huge NoNo. You may be searching for another "New Job".

The owner and I talk guns all the time. He is an NRA lifetime member and carries everyday at work. I'm not concerned about him finding out as much as I am about coworkers.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Recently I got a new job, I can conceal and no one would be the wiser. Not only that, the owner most likely wouldn't care. My issue is, I love my SIGs but I cannot conceal a P6 well enough to hide it. I need a subcompact or pocket pistol. I keep gravitating back towards the Glock side even though I did not care for ht trigger safety of them. The 26 is a great little gun with the ability to use G19 mags, if I ever get one. It has to be 9mm, just because I have the ammo already laying around. I would prefer a rail on it, but not necessary. I've heard the horror stories of the PF9, so that one is out. Someone recommend me some non-Glock subcompacts to look at. If it's steel, it's that much better.

I have two problems with this.

1) P6 for concealed carry. If you like this format, then do yourself a favor and get a P225 that can shoot and feed hollowpoints reliably. In "MOST" cases, P6's will not reliably feed or shoot defensive loads. I love my P6 and P225s alot. I also love my wife and family. So, I bought a P239 which can feed and shoot +P loads with no problem. :twocents: I'm saying this in regards to cc'ing while NOT on the job.

2) "I need to keep the budget under $450 or the girlfriend will kill me!" WHAT?!!! Are we talking "wife" girlfriend, "fiance" girlfriend, or just "girlfriend" girlfriend? I know, none of my effing business. Perhaps you two are cohabiting and sharing bills, then sorry for stepping on her purse which contains your testicles. Otherwise, tell her that funerals cost more than $450.

Enjoy your P6!!! Great range gun and necessary to complete a Sig collection. However...

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Recently I got a new job, I can conceal and no one would be the wiser. Not only that, the owner most likely wouldn't care. My issue is, I love my SIGs but I cannot conceal a P6 well enough to hide it. I need a subcompact or pocket pistol. I keep gravitating back towards the Glock side even though I did not care for ht trigger safety of them. The 26 is a great little gun with the ability to use G19 mags, if I ever get one. I need to keep the budget under $450 or the girlfriend will kill me! It has to be 9mm, just because I have the ammo already laying around. I would prefer a rail on it, but not necessary. I've heard the horror stories of the PF9, so that one is out. Someone recommend me some non-Glock subcompacts to look at. If it's steel, it's that much better.

a S&W Shield would fit the ticket.....or maybe even a S&W 9c.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I have two problems with this.

1) P6 for concealed carry. If you like this format, then do yourself a favor and get a P225 that can shoot and feed hollowpoints reliably. In "MOST" cases, P6's will not reliably feed or shoot defensive loads. I love my P6 and P225s alot. I also love my wife and family. So, I bought a P239 which can feed and shoot +P loads with no problem. :twocents:

2) "I need to keep the budget under $450 or the girlfriend will kill me!" WHAT?!!! Are we talking "wife" girlfriend, "fiance" girlfriend, or just "girlfriend" girlfriend? I know, none of my effing business. Perhaps you two are cohabiting and sharing bills, then sorry for stepping on her purse which contains your testicles. Otherwise, tell her that funerals cost more than $450.

Enjoy your P6!!! Great range gun and necessary to complete a Sig collection. However...

I OC my P6 daily and have never had a problem with it feeding hollow points. I expected the problem and have yet to have the issue.

She is my girlfriend, we live together and split the bills. We talk to each other about what we buy. She knows that I am going to buy another handgun, she has requested that I stay under $450. If that offends you and you feel that compromising on the price of a gun makes me less of a man, maybe you should look at yourself in the mirror and figure out what makes you so Billy Badass that you can call others out for something so simple. That's the end of any of that discussion.

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. That's awesome that she's allowing you to buy a new gun.

You've got to understand that the shop talk around here is just poking fun, that's all. Perhaps I let my own work/friend environment creep into my response and was more of an endearing intent (like guys "busting each others' balls) rather than an insulting one. Again, the internet/forums don't always sense sarcasm.

As a Sig guy, I am going to insist on you reconsidering carrying that P6. Any HP loads are going to blow that slide apart as well, it is just folded carbon steel and has a few years on it. That's all.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Gotcha. I did not sense the sarcasm. I apologize for jumping your case. I shoot the P6 maybe once a month. I don't shoot +P or anything. It's my only firearm at the moment, hence the request for another. I carry what I have because any protection is better than nothing.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sig P290, and they have an extended mag with a grip extension on it.

P290-detail-hero.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom