• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Recently I got a new job, I can conceal and no one would be the wiser. Not only that, the owner most likely wouldn't care. My issue is, I love my SIGs but I cannot conceal a P6 well enough to hide it. I need a subcompact or pocket pistol. I keep gravitating back towards the Glock side even though I did not care for ht trigger safety of them. The 26 is a great little gun with the ability to use G19 mags, if I ever get one. I need to keep the budget under $450 or the girlfriend will kill me! It has to be 9mm, just because I have the ammo already laying around. I would prefer a rail on it, but not necessary. I've heard the horror stories of the PF9, so that one is out. Someone recommend me some non-Glock subcompacts to look at. If it's steel, it's that much better.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I must say I am a hardcore glock man but I just bought a S&W Sheild yesterday and wow....I think I will conceal carry it a LOT! It is so thin, makes my glock 19 look like a fat boy. New shield is about 400-450 when you can find them.

Ginger89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    M&P9C Is one of the best carry guns on the market in that price range. Once you fix the trigger with an Apex kit you will love it.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    If you love your Sig, find a holster and clothing to dress around the gun. IMO the best thing you can do is accomodate what you have and like to the situation. If you have the 'itis' for a new pistol, I cannot disagree with the S&W Shield.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If you love your Sig, find a holster and clothing to dress around the gun. IMO the best thing you can do is accomodate what you have and like to the situation. If you have the 'itis' for a new pistol, I cannot disagree with the S&W Shield.

I would prefer to carry something a tad bit smaller while at work. Something that I can either throw in a pocket or conceal better than a compact. My work clothes do allow me to carry larger guns that others would likely not get away with at work. I wear cargos with a tucked polo everyday. When I'm off of work, I would like it to be a backup.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Kahr

I traded a Ruger P95 for my Kahr CM9, and would do it again in a heartbeat. The only thing I didn't like was the checkering on the backstrap was pretty rugged, but thats nothing a hogue jr handall grip sleeve wouldn't fix. Now I love it, and it is one of my primary CC weapons.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I am a big Glock fan obviously, but earlier this year i bought a Kahr CM9 to more easily conceal. I tried all the competition, and the CM9 I'd top of the category hands down. Trigger pull is good, and it is smaller than all but the Diamondback DB9 which are prone to fail.

Amazingly, for such a tiny pistol it is still fun to shoot. Recoil is very well managed.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    JimmyR has the combo right. The Kahr CM9 + the Handall Jr to fix the cheesgrater backstrap. That works nicely for me. And I suspect I'll have to spend a good bit more to beat that combo.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I carry a Ruger SR9c, and conceal very easily in the summer time with a t-shirt. The reliability has been great and they vastly improved the triggers since they first came out. I have been carrying it for about a year and a half now with zero complaints.

Good luck with your new purchase

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Of the 3 I own it would go in this order:

M&P Shield-Thin, light, very easy to conceal and a decent trigger. Haven't found a thing I didn't like about it. Put a set of TroGlo TFO sights on it and it's now my EDC

M&P 9c More rounds but the trade off is harder to conceal, thicker, heavier and trigger while not bad does take a little bit to get used too.

Ruger LC9 - Thin, light, very easy to conceal with one of the longest rigger pulls you'll ever experience on a pistol making harder to stay on target at any kind of range. Practicing often is a must if you're going to count on it for protection. (of course you should get as much practice as you can with any carry gun but with the LP9 it's a must)

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Ruger LC9 - Thin, light, very easy to conceal with one of the longest rigger pulls you'll ever experience on a pistol making harder to stay on target at any kind of range. Practicing often is a must if you're going to count on it for protection. (of course you should get as much practice as you can with any carry gun but with the LP9 it's a must)

The engineers at Ruger should get an award of some sort. I have no idea how they were able to design a gun that small with a 12lb and 4 foot trigger pull! My friend hasn't had any reliability issues with his, but accuracy is difficult with that trigger.

Top Bottom