I'm gonna try (buy) a glock, but which one????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for everyones input but I've settled on a gen4, glock 23. It was ordered today and hopefully I will have it by Thursday at the latest.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    CONGRATS and good choice! I know that you will be happy with the 40 round. The 23 is a great model. My first Glock (I'm starting to tear up thinking about the day I took my baby home....sorry....I have MUCH love for all my Glocks).

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I recently got a subcompact .40 and it's a little zippier than I wanted, just cause of the grip size. I love the compact (G19 & G23) size for all around use. If it's never going to be carried, go for a full size (G17, G22) or even the competition/practical/tactical size (G34 & G35). I've owned a G34 for 7 years and it is amazing and flawless... it's become a member of the family. People will talk all day long about the advantages of a .40 or a .357SIG, but a 9mm is plenty of gun, glocks can handle +P ammo, and plinking/practice ammo is cheaper. I vote G34 in 9mm

...my bad... u already ordered one. It should be great!

Last edited:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I've decided to purchase a glock as my next handgun, I'm pretty set on a .40 which I reload. I want something accurate and fun to shoot. I know most of you will say hold them all and see which one you like the most (which I will) but I wanna know which ones you like and why? So should I get the G22, G23, or G35?

I'm also not opposed to a 9mm if you have a good argument for one other than cheaper ammo, G17,G19, or G34???

I did not forget the 26 and 27, I'm just not interested in them at this time, My main concern is ACCURACY.

I will probably not be carrying this gun at all, its just for fun at the range.

Thanks

Sorry if this has been stated previously in this thread; I feel as if the 9mm family of Glocks will you give you better first time accuracy. When you get a good feel for Glocks, then I'd think you'd be ready for the snappier calibers. Just my :twocents:

gunfreak6989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    The glock 22 is used by most law enforcement officials andu from personal experience is very accurate even at 20 yards

Top Bottom