• ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Farm Bureau

You really need to be careful when changing auto insurance.
    Especially if you are a home owner.

Most all insurance companies that do home owner's insurance, will require you to keep your auto insurance with them.

My sister in law ran into this problem when she went to cancel her car insurance. She stopped driving due to health reasons, cancelled her auto policy, and the company ( State Farm ) increased her home owner's deductible to over $3000...

I've been with Farm Bureau since 1981 and will never change.

TK

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Erie.
    Got to have good record to get on with them, but nobody can touch them. My wife works for an independent agent, requoted our policy when our daughter started driving this year. Would have cost us $1900 more to switch from ERIE.
    We have 6 vehicles and a camper on the policy+ a new teenager, $3100 annual premium.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I'd recomend getting insurance through an agent. I shopped some of the bigger names, then found out about this agent, and he has saved me at least 25% a month

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Often times its the AGENT and not the Insurance firm. Seems every few years I switch. I had All State once and all of a sudden everything went up and up and up.....house doubled. Rumor was it was because of Katrina and all the damage, they had alot down there. My agent promised to bring it down, but lied, it kept going up. I wrote a letter to the Main office of All State and then went somewhere else.....a few weeks later i got a letter from the main All State place with new LOWER rates on everything......too late. I then went to State Farm that i had yrs. ago and they were much lower, but after about 2 yrs they shot up too....so then I got married and wife had Farm Bureau. I had them awhile back too until they got to high and the agent was a jackwagon. My wifes agent was in another town and our home and car insurance is the lowest it has ever been!!!!! But probably it too will go up...and once again I'll shop around. I think its all who the local agent is and how much of a cut he wants to get out of you.

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville
    Have used them all at one time or another. Most had good service. Then I chose USAA, nothing but great service from them.

Just left USAA after 18 years, rates kept going up and up. Switched to State Farm with a local agent and so far great service from my local agent.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I think a good agent is everything. Farm Bureau has all of my business. My agent always seems to get me great prices. Every time I get other quotes he has them beat. You might try a different agent.
    A good agent is everything until you're involved in something that is out of the agent's hands.

I've been with Farm Bureau since 1981 and will never change.

TK
    Never say never... If you would have asked me a year ago I would have said never... ask me today, I'm shopping around right now. After the stunt IN Farm Bureau just pulled on my brother its the final nail in the coffin...

Has anybody ever been sued by their own insurance company (with the exception of fraud cases)??? It's a new one on me...

Top Bottom