• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Nice looking fish. It's cool that someone is teaching you how to fish.

I have a pond on my property that is a little over a half acre with bass in it, but I have no clue how to fish. I bought a fishing pole last fall, but haven't messed with it yet other than to put line on it.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Nice! Though bass aren't really great tasting. (Younger = better imo)
    I'm no expert, but what I've found...

Try getting a jig and a pig (Jig with a plastic zoom super chunk craw) and play with it..
    Worst case, troll it real slow (crawling it on the bottom). Or jig it, popping it up with a qucik light snap, and letting it fall back to the bottom (count to 5 or so) before jerking it again.
    Quick note on jigs: Sticks/cover don't tug back.

When they are bedding, it can be tough or easy depending on your 'toolbox'. They may nudge your bait away from the bed (considering it a threat) unless you can entice them enough (with the proper bait) to make em bite!

If you really want to dig deep, research BUCK PERRY. On the surface you'll find trolling with spoonplugs... dig deeper and you'll find fish behavior and fundamentals of 'structure fishing'.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Nice! Though bass aren't really great tasting. (Younger = better imo)
    I'm no expert, but what I've found...

Try getting a jig and a pig (Jig with a plastic zoom super chunk craw) and play with it..
    Worst case, troll it real slow (crawling it on the bottom). Or jig it, popping it up with a qucik light snap, and letting it fall back to the bottom (count to 5 or so) before jerking it again.
    Quick note on jigs: Sticks/cover don't tug back.

When they are bedding, it can be tough or easy depending on your 'toolbox'. They may nudge your bait away from the bed (considering it a threat) unless you can entice them enough (with the proper bait) to make em bite!

If you really want to dig deep, research BUCK PERRY. On the surface you'll find trolling with spoonplugs... dig deeper and you'll find fish behavior and fundamentals of 'structure fishing'.

You sound like an expert to me! LOL!

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    If you find them in the shallows, nothing more fun than fly fishing. Having a popper float down out of the sky on top of them, let the ripple settle and then give it a twitch. Watch for the siphon funnel and give it a pull and hold on...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I should have no problem with the deer. They almost eat out of your hands around here. A pretty big bear walked around the pond a few weeks ago. I was told they dons usually come this far down the mountain. Maybe it was very hungry or something.

Top Bottom