• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've never fallen victim to the numerous panics of the past seven years. I made some pretty good money during the first one selling off some items I no longer needed. I also became infected by the dreaded black rifle disease around 12 years ago and consider myself a recovering addict. In spite of both of these, I ordered a new complete LMT lower three days ago. Fearing the worst from numbnuts, I didn't want to be left with only one AR15 should things be headed in a bad direction.

Now, I don't really "need" another AR15. The rifle I have is setup perfectly for me having been put through numerous iterations and there isn't a thing about it I want to change. When I got home from work today I started thinking about it and ended up deciding to order an upper so off to the BCM website I went. I now have a (mostly) complete upper on the way to go on my lower. It'll have to be sent out to have a muzzle device pinned and welded before I can put it on the lower which means more money out the window. Of course I'll also need some sights for it, an optic, a handguard and I've been looking for an excuse to try a Law Tactical folding adapter. I know myself pretty well and I won't be satisfied with the factory trigger so that'll have to go, the factory stock won't be good enough either.

I'm ashamed I allowed myself to fall victim to yet another scare. I have also relapsed into BRD after years of staying clean.

I am kind of liking the little tingle of anticipation however...
    Your going to like the Law, so far I haven't found any cons to it, heading to the range Sunday to try it out for real, then I'll post up pics! It's ROCK solid in the lock up, folds easily and stays folded until needed, then instantly deploys and locks into place! Liking it really really well!

NDgolfer13

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Avon
    Talking about what you need or don't need is just letting the facts get in the way of a good story. I say buy more black rifles.........

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hey, at least you'll have a nice rifle out of it! I would love to be buying more stuff, panic or not!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've never fallen victim to the numerous panics of the past seven years. I made some pretty good money during the first one selling off some items I no longer needed. I also became infected by the dreaded black rifle disease around 12 years ago and consider myself a recovering addict. In spite of both of these, I ordered a new complete LMT lower three days ago. Fearing the worst from numbnuts, I didn't want to be left with only one AR15 should things be headed in a bad direction.

Now, I don't really "need" another AR15. The rifle I have is setup perfectly for me having been put through numerous iterations and there isn't a thing about it I want to change. When I got home from work today I started thinking about it and ended up deciding to order an upper so off to the BCM website I went. I now have a (mostly) complete upper on the way to go on my lower. It'll have to be sent out to have a muzzle device pinned and welded before I can put it on the lower which means more money out the window. Of course I'll also need some sights for it, an optic, a handguard and I've been looking for an excuse to try a Law Tactical folding adapter. I know myself pretty well and I won't be satisfied with the factory trigger so that'll have to go, the factory stock won't be good enough either.

I'm ashamed I allowed myself to fall victim to yet another scare. I have also relapsed into BRD after years of staying clean.

I am kind of liking the little tingle of anticipation however...

Only one
    :faint:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    What could possibly be wrong with having two of the same gun?

If you build them in different caliber, they aren't the same gun. At least that is what I told my wife when she inquired after seeing AR15#1 (5.56) and AR15#2 (300BLK) in my gun safe... after I started building number three AR10#1 (308).

She seems perplexed by the logic, and befuddled due to lacking sufficient knowledgeable to debate the subject. I call that a victory.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just bought my very first EBR a couple of weeks ago. Of course, being a noob, I have probably gone overboard on the doodads. But, I can see how it could become a problem.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    If you build them in different caliber, they aren't the same gun. At least that is what I told my wife when she inquired after seeing AR15#1 (5.56) and AR15#2 (300BLK) in my gun safe... after I started building number three AR10#1 (308).

She seems perplexed by the logic, and befuddled due to lacking sufficient knowledgeable to debate the subject. I call that a victory.

I'll have to try that, mine looks at these and says why do have more than you have hands.:)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nothing wrong with it necessarily, just not the philosophy I've been following for several years now. I've been more of the "beware of the man with one gun" kind of guy.

Yep, but sometimes you need to have more than 1, to insure you continue to be able to have that 1, or 1 like it. I don't have multiple AR's because it is not as easy for me to shoot the AR regularly, but I'm a proponent of having multiples of the same platform, and do just that when it comes to the handgun side of things.

Meh. Dad always said, have a deep bench.

Agreed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just bought my very first EBR a couple of weeks ago. Of course, being a noob, I have probably gone overboard on the doodads. But, I can see how it could become a problem.

Threshold test before one clamps on the entire Brownell's catalogue to his carbine: "Does this solve a problem for me?"

If you don't ask that question, you get that John Frum/Cargo Cult crap that is prominent at any gun show or store.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since 2 is 1 and 1 is none, you need 4 to end up with 2 and that sounds like your goal number... So better pick up 2 more.

Top Bottom