• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've never fallen victim to the numerous panics of the past seven years. I made some pretty good money during the first one selling off some items I no longer needed. I also became infected by the dreaded black rifle disease around 12 years ago and consider myself a recovering addict. In spite of both of these, I ordered a new complete LMT lower three days ago. Fearing the worst from numbnuts, I didn't want to be left with only one AR15 should things be headed in a bad direction.

Now, I don't really "need" another AR15. The rifle I have is setup perfectly for me having been put through numerous iterations and there isn't a thing about it I want to change. When I got home from work today I started thinking about it and ended up deciding to order an upper so off to the BCM website I went. I now have a (mostly) complete upper on the way to go on my lower. It'll have to be sent out to have a muzzle device pinned and welded before I can put it on the lower which means more money out the window. Of course I'll also need some sights for it, an optic, a handguard and I've been looking for an excuse to try a Law Tactical folding adapter. I know myself pretty well and I won't be satisfied with the factory trigger so that'll have to go, the factory stock won't be good enough either.

I'm ashamed I allowed myself to fall victim to yet another scare. I have also relapsed into BRD after years of staying clean.

I am kind of liking the little tingle of anticipation however...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nothing wrong with it necessarily, just not the philosophy I've been following for several years now. I've been more of the "beware of the man with one gun" kind of guy.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    They're like shovels. If you have a ditch to dig and you invite friends and/or family over to help, it is beneficial to have more than one shovel on hand.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I am interested in hearing your setup on your current rifle. Always interesting to hear whatworks for others.

b44e9c1a-360e-4e08-9229-b0d1098ad6d5_zpsgswum1no.jpg

LMT factory SBR lower
    Magpul CTR stock & MOE K2+ grip
    BCM Keno upper
    Centurion Arms CMR rail
    CMC flat trigger
    Aimpoint T1
    Daniel Defense fixed sights
    Seekins trigger guard & mag release
    Surefire Socom 556RC suppressor
    Vickers sling
    BAD Ambi Selector