• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I disagree. Chicago is the anvil of victory. This is where the fight must be.

1. There are good people in Chicago that we should not leave behind. Need I remind anyone of Otis McDonald?

2. The greatest of all victories is to make your enemy your friend. I foresee a day of gun shops on Michigan Avenue and shooting ranges on the Gold Coast.:)

If you can conquer Chicago, I will nominate you for the position of Benevolent Despot. :patriot:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't understand, the handgun ban has worked so well over there already

You are exactly correct. The gun ban has indeed worked exceedingly well for its intended purpose. The honest people of the state (particularly excluding the political machine) are unable to defend themselves leaving them dependent on the state for what little protection they receive from the criminals who serve the same bogeyman role for controlling the population that the terrorist serve nationally. Do you honestly think the US government would have got away with anything like the PATRIOT Act without having the people scared s**tless of what the terrorists might do to them without it? The Chicago political machine/mob needs crime for the same reason--and it works.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Reading that article, my hand hit my face so hard, it could be heard across the state.

The anti gun advocate's excuses are just stupid. These guys have no faith in the people. They think the average guy is a sheep and are targets for the wolves. That's exactly what they are saying. They can go to hell to think I am an easy target for gang violence because I have a gun now. That it is now easier for gangbangers to get guns from stealing it from me.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    When their back is against the wall their reasoning really goes to ****.

We have to ban the legal carry of handguns so that the criminals can't steal the guns from people carrying them??? What do they think the armed citizen is going to, talk harshly? SHOOT the bastards!!!

Non-convicted criminals will be carrying more guns for their criminal friends? They are ****ing criminals! They carry their own guns whether its legal or not!!! I have even heard that same argument here on INGO from LEOs trying to make a point that merely possessing a LTCH doesn't make you a "proper person."

Then why HAVE it in the first place???

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How about if they want to stop gangs they GIVE every citizen in good standing a firearm, free training, and hold up citizen arrest cases. I know I know it sounds as crazy as the mobsters I mean politicians that run that Town.

You are exactly correct. The gun ban has indeed worked exceedingly well for its intended purpose. The honest people of the state (particularly excluding the political machine) are unable to defend themselves leaving them dependent on the state for what little protection they receive from the criminals who serve the same bogeyman role for controlling the population that the terrorist serve nationally. Do you honestly think the US government would have got away with anything like the PATRIOT Act without having the people scared s**tless of what the terrorists might do to them without it? The Chicago political machine/mob needs crime for the same reason--and it works.

^This!
    It has nothing to do another firearms. It's all about control and money. Always has been always will be.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    They're scared. Because no one else has experience with it.
    except for 49 OTHER STATES.

Yep, and the political shoe is on the other foot. Pass a concealed carry law or there will be no need. It's a shame Judge Posner put a time limit on it. Perhaps he just wants to watch and be entertained.

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    We're going to do well over here.

You folks are welcome to come visit when we get it implemented.

Looking forward to traditional carry after fighting for almost twenty years (me, personally) for this day.

John

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    From bigworm's article:

The measure, sponsored by state Rep. Brandon Phelps, D-Harrisburg, would have enabled Illinoisans to carry concealed weapons if they had a firearm owner’s identification card and underwent a firearms education course.

Note that the last Illinois carry bill, which barely lost, was sponsored by a Democrat one county away from Evansville, Indiana. These are not Chicago Democrats who practice Leftism as close order drill. Basically in much of Illinois, Indiana had bleed over into Illinois.

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    From bigworm's article:

Note that the last Illinois carry bill, which barely lost, was sponsored by a Democrat one county away from Evansville, Indiana. These are not Chicago Democrats who practice Leftism as close order drill. Basically in much of Illinois, Indiana had bleed over into Illinois.

Guns are VERY much a geographic split, not a party issue, in Illinois.

If it weren't for downstate Democrats, we'd have no handguns, rifles or much of anything else in Illinois.

Downstate Democrats in Illinois, in many cases, aren't Nancy Pelosi clones philosophically. Unfortunately, they vote for their party's leaders in the Illinois General Assembly who very much are.

And yes, I believe elected officials may be able to exercise carry in IL.

John

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Crooked politicians have every reason to fear an armed public. They have elected officials in jail. The sell senate seats. The have been taking kick backs from mobsters since before the days of Al Capone. Crooked politicians have no party loyalty or affiliation. Just big hands to hold their graft.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Yep, and the political shoe is on the other foot. Pass a concealed carry law or there will be no need. It's a shame Judge Posner put a time limit on it. Perhaps he just wants to watch and be entertained.

Actually, it was very shrewd by Posner. By giving the legislature time to fix their own mess, Posner can't be called a 'judicial activisit'. Also, with the included time limit, my guess is that it lessens the chance that SCOTUS would grant cert. :twocents:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Top Bottom