• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Hey guys, I've been trying to catch up on all of the Illinois updates that directly affect us Hoosiers with LTCHs. I've read multiple threads about the different changes to driving through or into Illinois and about whether you are able to carry on your person while fueling up or not (which I haven't seen a completely conclusive answer to), but a lot of them reference a specific FAQ on the Illinois State Police site, but the links lead to an error page, and I can't seem to find the relevant part of the FAQ to me as a LTCH holder looking for info regarding CC in a vehicle in Illinois. It's not that I don't trust you guys, but you know... CYA. haha. I haven't been through the actual law yet, but I'm gonna try to get through it this weekend. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone knows where the relevant FAQs have gone. Since I didn't see them when they were posted, I'm not really sure exactly what to look under. Thanks!

Also, feel free to post any other relevant links or threads. I've read through all of the ones I could find, but I'm sure I missed a few.

jh1978

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    Here's the relevant text of the law from https://ccl4illinois.com/ccw/Public/AboutTheAct.aspx

(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident fromtransporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in
    Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her
    vehicle and the non-resident:
    (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a
    firearm under federal law;
    (2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under the
    laws of his or her state or territory of residence; and
    (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.
    If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended,
    he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or
    locked container within the vehicle in accordance with
    subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    So unholster, set on seat, leave door open while fueling so that it's within arms reach. Seems to me it would be better off on your person but I'm sure the Illinois legislature knows what they're doing.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    So unholster, set on seat, leave door open while fueling so that it's within arms reach. Seems to me it would be better off on your person but I'm sure the Illinois legislature knows what they're doing.

This would probably work if you do a "pay at pump" transaction or lock the car while you go in to pay. But to be legal when you lay the gun on the seat you must cover it from view. Slide it under a newspaper or lay your hat over it. As in the quote just above your post we are alking about a "concealed" firearm. Jim.

Top Bottom