• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Illinois Governor Caught On Tape By Feds

In a stunning development in U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald's ongoing investigation of corruption in Illinois government, the Chicago Tribune is reporting today that a former chief of staff of Gov. Rod Blagoyevich and big-time Illinois lobbyist wore a recording device and recorded conversations with the governor. The story opens:
    Federal investigators recently made covert tape recordings of Gov. Rod Blagojevich in the most dramatic step yet in their corruption investigation of him and his administration, the Tribune has learned.

As part of this undercover effort, one of the governor's closest confidants and former aides cooperated with investigators, and that assistance helped lead to recordings of the governor and others, sources said.

The cooperation of John Wyma, 42, one of the state's most influential lobbyists, is the most stunning evidence yet that Blagojevich's once-tight inner circle appears to be collapsing under the pressure of myriad pay-to-play inquiries.
    The feds are likely trying to prove Blagoyevich knowingly and approvingly participated in the pay-to-play schemes Fitzgerald has uncovered in his administration, practices for which the governor criticized his jailed predecessor George Ryan and promised to end when he became governor. Wyma, according to the report, has come up on several occasion during previous cases the federal government has successfully prosecuted. It has been suggested Wyma may have assisted in funneling real estate commissions to Blagoyevich's wife. And you wonder why Blagoyevich and other Illinois Democrats are trying to spring the former Republican governor from his jail cell at the federal prison in Terre Haute.

Meanwhile, the feds were also busy yesterday conducting searches of "two Joliet businesses owned by Harish Bhatt, a longtime Blagojevich supporter." The news reports omit the fact that Bhatt has also contributed thousands of dollars to Obama's campaigns. Bhatt may have been working hand-in-hand with long-time Obama pal Tony Rezko in various pay-to-play schemes.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I hope they work it out so that old George and Rod Youblowmybitch can be cellmates.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Seriously, WTF is up with that corrupt state? Blowfish comes to office on the heals of Ryan who went down on corruption charges and does what? Starts his own scams?

Don't get me started on Daley and why that crook hasn't been locked up long ago for his mob-tied antics.

I hate that filthy state... I really-really do.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It will be good for Illinois to get rid of Blogo!!! As a bonus, he is one of the most anti-gun governors in the US so tossing him in jail will help gun owners in that state.

Sorry, but this makes assumptions about his replacement that I am not willing to stipulate.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sorry, but this makes assumptions about his replacement that I am not willing to stipulate.

Blogo is one of the most anti-gun governors in the nation. That is a simple fact. It is possible he could be replaced with someone who is just as hostile to gun owners, but it would be unlikely they could dig that deep into the cesspool of Illinois criminal politics to find another one like him . . . unless they move Richey Daily from the King of Chicago's Organized Crime/Mayors office down to Springfield. Getting rid of any anti-gunner is a public service.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Blogo is one of the most anti-gun governors in the nation. That is a simple fact. It is possible he could be replaced with someone who is just as hostile to gun owners, but it would be unlikely they could dig that deep into the cesspool of Illinois criminal politics to find another one like him . . . unless they move Richey Daily from the King of Chicago's Organized Crime/Mayors office down to Springfield. Getting rid of any anti-gunner is a public service.

That sounds very like the ultimate jinxing statement "it can't be worse" (which, invariably, causes the universe to prove "oh yes it can").

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Don't worry, if it really comes down to it, his buddy Obama-messiah will see to it that no charges are brought, and the whole thing will vanish.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I enjoyed it last year in budget talks when they were trying to cut money and he is flying in his state owned private jet back and forth from Springfield to Chicago everyday. I think it was around $24,000 per day for that. He does what he wants without giving any type of reasoning or sense to it.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    The only way IL could be saved would be if Blago, Mayor Daily and the entire Daily Machine were evicted, arrested/jailed, and none of their "underlings" were allowed to run for office or joined them in prison.

There is one "bright" spot in the IL corruption mess: We did get rid of Obama - sort of! Unfortunately, Obama's influence will be felt by the whole country now. :xmad:

We need to totally clean house here. Wipe out every one of those in office now, and prohibit those who work for them from running. Work from a "clean" slate and let those who do run that we are watching, and will kick their backsides to the curb if they mess up!

But, I won't hold my breath! I'm not ready to die yet.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Oh man! That is all...

Wait, one more thing.. Ryan is locked up here in the Haute!?! News to me, maybe I should give a shout out to him on the radio... if he likes hair metal that is.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Illinois to impeach Gov. Rod Blagojevich

Illinois House impeaches Gov. Rod Blagojevich - Yahoo! News

The Illinois House voted overwhelmingly Friday to impeach Gov. Rod Blagojevich, an unprecedented action that sets up a Senate trial on whether he should be thrown out for abuse of power, including allegations that he tried to sell President-elect Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Impeachment required just 60 votes. The final result was 114-1.

:yesway:

Top Bottom