• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schneppee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    The leftist (Unions and Politicians) took over Detroit 40+ years ago and you can see what happened. Now they have Chicago and that great city is spiraling down....down..... down. Coming to a city near you.

Detroit is on its way back (it will take a decade or two) now that we are a right to work state, but all these big cities........ I'm in Detroit every day and stay alert to my surroundings. Not as bad, but.......

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I posted up under the article about the stupidity of it. Cook Cty will lose firearms tax revenue...both the 25 and the sales tax they would have gotten as people will just drive across the county line.

They'll push for it to be a statewide tax now to get even with those that own guns legally for bringing the right to carry issue forward and the state losing the fight.

Punishment and retaliation.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am not happy with things going on in Illannoy even though I live there and it is not in the cards for me to move out. You who live in Indiana can keep most of the Illannoy undesirables out of your fine state by keeping a lid on the free stuff. Illinois is so entrenched into buying the votes of people that have no desire or intention of working they will never leave for a state like Indiana. My wife and I have decided that if things would change where we would move our new adress will end in "Indiana." Jim.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This has been in the works for a while. It started out with a bullet tax on the bill as well. They were talking about charging $.05 PER ROUND tax on ALL ammunition sold in the city limits of Chicago.
    They dropped the "bullet tax" when someone pointed out how much a 50 round count box of .22Lr would be if they added $5 per box tax.

It's just one more hoop to try to get you to jump through to be able to exercise your 2nd amendment "rights".
    Still way cheaper than CTD (or most vendors at the last couple of gun shows I've been to for that matter!) :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The state is broke because of Chicago. Throw out Chitcago and the rest of the state is pretty normal.

Not true.Their biggest issue is the ridiculous state of their government pensions. The idiots in office won't do anything to really fix it, because they don't want to mess with their own pensions. :n00b:

Top Bottom