• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Maybe you should suggest a stainless steel whistle with a hard pea.

Stainless steel whistles undoubtedly require a different permit. It could be used as a weapon, you know. It also would disturb the neighbors. You are probably required to keep the pea stored in a locked, secure location, away from the whistle. In order to install the pea into the whistle, you will be required to obtain written permission from the chief of police. Applications for permission are accepted the 6th Thursday of April in alternate, even-numbered years. The application fee is a non-refundable $500, payable at completion of the 203 page application form. The written permission MAY be mailed to you at the end of a 6 month waiting period, at which time you take that permission slip, along with proof of ownership, and a complete history of the whistle, including a full biography of every previous owner, and each employee of the company where it was manufactured, the truck drivers who delivered it to the retail establishment, and proof that no traffic laws were violated during the aforementioned delivery.

You couldn't possibly pay me enough to live in that hell-hole of tyranny.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Stainless steel whistles undoubtedly require a different permit. It could be used as a weapon, you know. It also would disturb the neighbors. You are probably required to keep the pea stored in a locked, secure location, away from the whistle. In order to install the pea into the whistle, you will be required to obtain written permission from the chief of police. Applications for permission are accepted the 6th Thursday of April in alternate, even-numbered years. The application fee is a non-refundable $500, payable at completion of the 203 page application form. The written permission MAY be mailed to you at the end of a 6 month waiting period, at which time you take that permission slip, along with proof of ownership, and a complete history of the whistle, including a full biography of every previous owner, and each employee of the company where it was manufactured, the truck drivers who delivered it to the retail establishment, and proof that no traffic laws were violated during the aforementioned delivery.

:):
    But, but, but now with the new improved law, it's shall issue your permit, and that means you have a right to bear whistles! (Never mind that other stuff. That's just to keep whistles out of the wrong hands. It's a matter of public safety.) And, and, and with new technology, you can use the L1 method to send your fingerprints, personal information and payment online, and receive your permission slip within ten days! Isn't that wonderful? :rolleyes: :)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I was in Cabela's up in Hammond, and there was a guy at the counter from the PR of Illnoise asking about buying something. I showed him my little pink card and told him: move over here and commute. I can buy this (92FS) and walk out with it today (which I did). He would pay half for his housing, and live in a place where he was a person, not a statistic. That's not the border to another state, it's the border to a different country.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

I'm willing to pay to live in Chicago. It offers so much more than the rest of Indiana combined in so many different areas. Sure, the gun stuff is deficient, but that just gives you chances to hurt criminals in other ways. You ought to keep an open mind and welcome such opportunities. How else do you expect to become a better fighter? It is of course very frightening when confronted with danger, but on the other hand, one simply cannot feel more alive than that.

At the end, I recognize that this is really a personal choice, and I'm playing the devil's advocate a bit. But I want to point out that people don't make the same choices.

Da Bing

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm willing to pay to live in Chicago. It offers so much more than the rest of Indiana combined in so many different areas. Sure, the gun stuff is deficient, but that just gives you chances to hurt criminals in other ways. You ought to keep an open mind and welcome such opportunities. How else do you expect to become a better fighter? It is of course very frightening when confronted with danger, but on the other hand, one simply cannot feel more alive than that.

At the end, I recognize that this is really a personal choice, and I'm playing the devil's advocate a bit. But I want to point out that people don't make the same choices.

Da Bing

Arevsticks allowed or do the have to be registered?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Now this is down right draconian, Bacon Arms & Bacon Mfg. Co. are on the list. No Bacon in Chicago. :runaway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Unfortunately my CPD friend did not respond to my texts today. I will not be back in the office until Tuesday. I will get the information from him and post it to this thread as soon as I can.

Thanks! She is coming to out 9/11 NWI MEET & SHOOT to try out various flavors of shotguns so we have some time.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Hmm, I've never considered "increased personal danger" combined with "decreased ability to defend myself and my family" as a real big selling point.

stroyed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Andersonville,IN
    My hat is off to anyone with the fortitude to live in Chicago. I remember the first time I went dowtown Chicago. It was like a bad dream. I had no idea something like that existed. And so close to home. I say, Give her a shotgun. And all the ammo she wants.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    My hat is off to anyone with the fortitude to live in Chicago. I remember the first time I went dowtown Chicago. It was like a bad dream. I had no idea something like that existed. And so close to home. I say, Give her a shotgun. And all the ammo she wants.

Downtown? Just where in downtown? Maybe I'm a bit blindsided, but the part I'm familiar with is more defined by outrageous prices, especially for parking (complementary robbery, I suppose, but at least they learn your name and call you sir when doing it). I love being so close to the symphony hall, the museums, the water, the shopping, the food, etc. Many attractive women, with an air that makes you feel confident of having a good conversation... if you can find the right icebreaker. Not ponderous like what you are more likely to find on this side of the border.

Are you thinking of the notorious south side?

Guys, don't be scared out of your wits! It's really OK there in the big cities if you just use a bit of street smarts. I know them iron horses there may be scary, but they don't kick you in the head like old Mavis. The many streets there are just like rows of corn, without critters and whatnot. We just can't go a-huntin' for squirrels and eat them, at least not in public. Them city folks are a tad sympathetic.

Da Bing

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I was just downtown all over Michigan ave yest and last night. I didnt see any problems. lol of course I can carry there so no big deal

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Downtown? Just where in downtown? Maybe I'm a bit blindsided, but the part I'm familiar with is more defined by outrageous prices, especially for parking (complementary robbery, I suppose, but at least they learn your name and call you sir when doing it). I love being so close to the symphony hall, the museums, the water, the shopping, the food, etc. Many attractive women, with an air that makes you feel confident of having a good conversation... if you can find the right icebreaker. Not ponderous like what you are more likely to find on this side of the border.

Are you thinking of the notorious south side?

Guys, don't be scared out of your wits! It's really OK there in the big cities if you just use a bit of street smarts. I know them iron horses there may be scary, but they don't kick you in the head like old Mavis. The many streets there are just like rows of corn, without critters and whatnot. We just can't go a-huntin' for squirrels and eat them, at least not in public. Them city folks are a tad sympathetic.

Da Bing

I don't ever feel unsafe downtown. I go down there quite a bit for Cubs and Hawks games, as well as Michigan Ave. If you stay in the loop, it's really not that bad. Only time I feel weird is when I'm on public transportation. Some real creeps that ride that.

Once took a train from downtown to the United Center for a Hawks game. On the way back a guy asked for money, told him I didn't have any. He told us he would follow us off of the train and get ALL of our money. We got off and he followed us from a distance. Walked a few blocks and came upon a Chicago PD cruiser. He went in the other direction. =)

I don't feel safe going down there, but I still wish I could carry, and I would NEVER live there. Taxes are outrageous.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Only time I feel weird is when I'm on public transportation. Some real creeps that ride that.

... but I still wish I could carry, and I would NEVER live there. Taxes are outrageous.

Yeah, I hear you. For some reason our country decided to control objects rather than criminals (think TSA or the gun/knife restrictions in cities). At least Chicago is not like New York, where they control even pepper spray. (You can't bring pepper spray into the state, and at least in NYC you have to apply to buy a pepper spray.) Both of these cities have their good points, but expenses and defense restrictions can be daunting.

As for public transportation, that's just a way to experience the full glory of mankind. When you drive, your car shields you from the creeps on the road...

Da Bing

Top Bottom