• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Got a co-worker that lives within the City of Chicago, Cook County, IL. She asked me today what are the requirements on buying a shotgun. I told her I was not fully sure on IL laws and City of Chicago but I would look into it for her.

Off the top of my head I **THINK** this is all she needs.

1) Apply for and get the IL FOID card
    2) Go to an IL gun shop and buy the shotgun
    3) Wait the required 24 hours before pick up
    4) Take unloaded shotgun home

I think she needs to register it with the City of Chicago as well but not sure.
    Anyone know?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I need serious response please. :rolleyes:

My co-worker is not going to move out of Chicago and/or IL any time soon. She has no plans to move out until after her child is in college which is another 3 years at the earliest.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Wow!!! Glad they relaxed the law. What the hell did they want before? Right hand? First born son? Electronic collars and 24 monitoring?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Got a co-worker that lives within the City of Chicago, Cook County, IL. She asked me today what are the requirements on buying a shotgun.

My understanding is that even if you went through the hoops to get a shotgun in Chicago, you are not allowed to put any ammunition in it (except the decommissioned variety for historical reenactment), and in a home invasion situation you can use the shotgun only as a club (see CLC 1234.2 sections F and G(1), also H. Simpson vs. N. Flanders 1998). When using the shotgun as a club it has to be placed in a secured wrapper.

Good luck. Hope your friend gets what she wants.

Da Bing

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So wait, you cannot even take it to the department to register? So you have to take it home, wirte all the info down and then go to register it? Glad we don't have laws like that.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I am not sure I understand why she should need a shotgun.

After all, she lives in an area where firearms are restricted and liberty is protected.

If she is in trouble, make sure she has a cell phone. Never mind the fact that "authorities" have already demonstrated their willingness to cut off such communication.

Maybe you should suggest a stainless steel whistle with a hard pea.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Did you see the long, long list of handguns. Hi-Points were in there. :D

Marlin is blacklisted? Is that like THE Marlin? Or is there some other shoddy company operating under that name also?

Also the Walther P22 is deemed unsafe. I better tell my dad to give me his so I can dispose of it. :D

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    My understanding is that even if you went through the hoops to get a shotgun in Chicago, you are not allowed to put any ammunition in it (except the decommissioned variety for historical reenactment), and in a home invasion situation you can use the shotgun only as a club (see CLC 1234.2 sections F and G(1), also H. Simpson vs. N. Flanders 1998). When using the shotgun as a club it has to be placed in a secured wrapper.

Good luck. Hope your friend gets what she wants.

Da Bing

Gotta link?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Dave, that's just creepy. Remind me to NEVER borrow any of your guns. Ever.

What's the big deal? It's not like he's the only one around here. Besides, I'd bet he washes it once a week. You don't need to do it more often than that, especially if you switch between different ones for variety.

Da Bing

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Top Bottom