• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpruitt54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Illinois
    I am an Illinois resident. I am taking my second class on the 27th of Oct. All totaled, this will cost me (an ILL. resident) $350.00. This has to be one of the most expensive CCW costs in the USA. My Utah CCW was less than $200.00.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I am an Illinois resident. I am taking my second class on the 27th of Oct. All totaled, this will cost me (an ILL. resident) $350.00. This has to be one of the most expensive CCW costs in the USA. My Utah CCW was less than $200.00.

Well you do have a choice. MOVE! Its what I did. I was born and raised in IL. IN lets me do pretty much whatever I want along with lower property, sales and income tax. Your choice. ;)

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Not to mention your home state laws have to be similar to IL just to have the privilege of paying for your right to carry there. I don't think anyone from Indiana has been approved yet and I just talked to one of the biggest IL CCW trainers last night.

This^.
    They haven't even listed the other states that they will allow their residents privilege of applying for a non-resident license. I have a feeling Indiana will not be one of them. Our gun/carry laws are quite different than Illinois.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I pay more income tax in Indiana, as well as higher fees for license plates. Property and sales taxes are lower.
    Maybe if you own a newer vehicle. But a 10yr+ vehicle is $102 for plates in IL plus $95 title transfer and IN is around $50 for plate and $15 for title. You cant own a machine gun or supressor in IL and IL is broke and it WILL get worse.

Gpruitt54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Illinois
    Yes, and you will be able to carry about half the places you go.

I am surly expecting this. I have a lock box installed inside my car in anticipation of this. I don't take public transportation, but if I need to, I will have to choose personal safety over following the law. In summer, we'll see how the rules affect those places I tend to go. Yeah, this is all new and with luck, some court cases may make things better for CCW holders. Or, not.

Gpruitt54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Illinois
    Well you do have a choice. MOVE! Its what I did. I was born and raised in IL. IN lets me do pretty much whatever I want along with lower property, sales and income tax. Your choice. ;)

This sounds like a great rhetorical argument. But, that is all it is. Everyone cannot up and move, and for reasons not related to personal finances, the single most important reason for pulling roots. For me and my family and home investment, my ability to carry a firearm is simply not a good enough reason for disrupt the lives of several people dear to me. When I retire, I may choose another location, but not now.

I use to live in Wisconsin back when they were, along with Illinois, the only states without concealed carry. By the time Wisconsin enacted CCW, I had financial and personal roots in Illinois. It made no since to move back to Wisconsin. Things change. CCW in Wisconsin and now in Illinois are proof of this. Within a few months I will (hopefully) have a Illinois CCW. I currently hold a Utah CCW. So, I have been carrying when I visit Indiana (Only a few blocks from my home). In my opinion, you don’t up and run, you fight to make things better where you are. I will help in my own small way, to support and improve the CCW law make the law better where I now live, here in Illinois.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I thought you had to have a "home state" license before you could get a Utah license?

No, you do not have to have a home resident license to get a Utah license.

If your state recognizes Utah's permit or has reciprocity with Utah, you have to have a license/permit from your home state before you can apply for a Utah permit.

From the Utah Dept. of Public Safety website:
    What Must Accompany the Application?

• A Photocopy of your Driver License

• Photograph. One recent color photograph of passport quality. *Photos may be taken at the Bureau of Criminal Identification.
    • Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states click here. Residency will be determined by your state-issued identification. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.

• Fingerprint Card. One fingerprint card. Must be filled out completely. Writing and prints must be legible. Fingerprint should be taken by a trained fingerprint technician. Fingerprint cards that are not legible will be returned to the applicant and will cause a delay in processing the application.
    *Fingerprint services are available from BCI or may be offered through your local law enforcement agency. There are private businesses that also offer this service. Check in your local phone directory. Photos and fingerprints may be obtained at the Bureau of Criminal Identification (3888 W 5400 S, Taylorsville, UT.) The cost is $15.00 for 1 photo and $15.00 for up to 3 fingerprint cards.

• Weapon Familiarity Certification. Applicants must complete a firearms familiarity course certified by BCI. The course must be completed before you apply for a permit. Please have your instructor complete the certification information on the application. View a list of (in-state) (out-of-state) certified instructors.
    http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/CFnewapp.html

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    In the case of Illinois, they didn't, don't and won't recognize anyone else's permits for carry outside of your vehicle, so you would not have to get a IL CCW before you can apply for Utah.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    In the case of Illinois, they didn't, don't and won't recognize anyone else's permits for carry outside of your vehicle, so you would not have to get a IL CCW before you can apply for Utah.
    ^^^^THIS ^^^^

I know a few Illinois residents that have Utah permits.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom