Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Evidence is not fact, it is still someone's opinion. You have a stronger opinion because its a topic that's personal to you. That still does not make it true.
    The exact cause of gender dysphoria is still unclear.
    It was traditionally thought to be a psychiatric condition, with its causes believed to originate in the mind.
    However, more recent research suggests the condition may actually be the result of the abnormal development of a baby while it is in the womb, possibly as a result of genetic or hormonal factors, which causes the brain to develop a gender identity that is different to the baby's sexual organs.

Which is what I posted a few pages back...

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Evidence is not fact, it is still someone's opinion. You have a stronger opinion because its a topic that's personal to you. That still does not make it true.
    The exact cause of gender dysphoria is still unclear.
    It was traditionally thought to be a psychiatric condition, with its causes believed to originate in the mind.
    However, more recent research suggests the condition may actually be the result of the abnormal development of a baby while it is in the womb, possibly as a result of genetic or hormonal factors, which causes the brain to develop a gender identity that is different to the baby's sexual organs.
    And there are people in this very thread that would torture such a baby's mind, even and especially before they reach the age of majority, by forcing it to experience the wrong puberty for it, to dress not just differently than it wants to, but to dress differently than it is, by forcing it to use the wrong public restrooms. It's all about force. If these transkids aren't really trans, guess what, THEY'LL GROW OUT OF IT! If it's really a "phase", they'll get over it of their own accord, decide that they really like having a penis or a vagina and so they really are a boy or a girl, respectively, and everyone can get on with their lives without anyone having to be forced into it.

The hormonal intervention is literally NOTHING! Blocking androgens or estrogens from masculinizing a male-bodied girl or from feminizing a female-bodied boy is not a grievous injury! It's buying that time for the child to decide him- or herself whether to continue on the course of sex reassignment or to revert to the organic course and let the gonads they were born with have their way with their body. I don't know if everyone knows this, but ordinary boys and girls of the same age don't have all of their puberties at the same time anyway.

And I've been reminded that there are cases of female 46XY people, whom some in this thread would brand with a scarlet M (for man/male) and have them arrested for using the women's restroom, and yet, these 46XY women not only have vaginas from birth, they have uteruses from birth, ovaries from birth, and have even GIVEN BIRTH to daughters who were also 46XY females. So, for all those who want to fly the sex determining chromosome flag… *mic drop*

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    And there are people in this very thread that would torture such a baby's mind, even and especially before they reach the age of majority, by forcing it to experience the wrong puberty for it, to dress not just differently than it wants to, but to dress differently than it is, by forcing it to use the wrong public restrooms. It's all about force. If these transkids aren't really trans, guess what, THEY'LL GROW OUT OF IT! If it's really a "phase", they'll get over it of their own accord, decide that they really like having a penis or a vagina and so they really are a boy or a girl, respectively, and everyone can get on with their lives without anyone having to be forced into it.

The hormonal intervention is literally NOTHING! Blocking androgens or estrogens from masculinizing a male-bodied girl or from feminizing a female-bodied boy is not a grievous injury! It's buying that time for the child to decide him- or herself whether to continue on the course of sex reassignment or to revert to the organic course and let the gonads they were born with have their way with their body. I don't know if everyone knows this, but ordinary boys and girls of the same age don't have all of their puberties at the same time anyway.

And I've been reminded that there are cases of female 46XY people, whom some in this thread would brand with a scarlet M (for man/male) and have them arrested for using the women's restroom, and yet, these 46XY women not only have vaginas from birth, they have uteruses from birth, ovaries from birth, and have even GIVEN BIRTH to daughters who were also 46XY females. So, for all those who want to fly the sex determining chromosome flag… *mic drop*

You're darn right it's about force!! I don't know if you know this or not but you don't have to teach a child to do wrong. It's ingrained in them to do wrong from birth. I didn't teach my daughter to lie, but she does it anyway. I have to force her not to. I didn't teach my son to smack his sister when he's mad, but he does it. I have to force him not to. I have to force them to keep them from running in the road. Humans always have to be forced to do right, because we DO NOT choose it on our own. We never have. It's good to say no to a child. It's good to say no to yourself. A society that says whatever feels good to the individual can't be judged sounds nice but you're not gonna like where it ends.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Gender identity has zero to do with sexual orientation.

It was an example of important decisions being made before someone is mature enough to make them. I have an idea, lets ask every eight year old what they want to be when they grow up and make them stick with it. We will have a world full of fire fighters and veterinarians.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Which is what I posted a few pages back...

Yep... But its still not fact. A few of you all can spin this anyway you want, and it still ain't fact. I find it interesting on how the mental health doctors are heavily involved in the process of transgendered. I wonder why that is ? Maybe just maybe there is some mental health issues with the patient ?
    It also kinna seems that if its not a accepted disorder there is no insurance money involved.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Yep... But its still not fact. A few of you all can spin this anyway you want, and it still ain't fact. I find it interesting on how the mental health doctors are heavily involved in the process of transgendered. I wonder why that is ? Maybe just maybe there is some mental health issues with the patient ?
    It also kinna seems that if its not a accepted disorder there is no insurance money involved.

I would agree with your assessment of the mental health aspect. The transgender individual I worked with previously was one of those persons that even before his 'transition' gave you the creeps. The most likely candidate for showing up at the office with a black rifle and killing everyone. This wasn't just my perception of this person. Everyone had issues with this person and it often came up during staff meetings his irrational behaviors and potential indicators for violence.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    In regard to safezones, do you have a problem with having designated areas/personnel who can provide non-judgmental counseling and resources to students?

Personally I could care less about the counseling, now the resources, that depends on who is paying for them.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    It is available to everyone. Non-judgmental=nobody is deemed worthy or unworthy.

OK, because the statement "I served as the LGBT advisor and safezone coordinator for many years" originally sounds as if these were safezones specifically for LGBT individuals. Perhaps you meant "I served as a safezone coordinator and LGBT advisor for many years" instead. Because as written it seems to be exclusive.

Is this an emotional equivalent to a gun free zone? I doubt I'd be impressed with this place...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom