• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but no, they don't like us. Stopped at a McDonald's on the way back to the US of A 10 days later after our hunt. Stood in line and listened to the girl behind the counter speaking English to the person in front of me. When I got up to order, she spoke French and then stood there like she had no idea what I was trying to ordering.

After standing there for like 3 minutes trying to order, holding everyone up, my partners comment about taking the egg mcmuffin and rubbing it on her nasty French.... (insert derogatory comments here).......probably didn't help the situation.

At that point, we were in fully Ugly American mode. Two can play that game.

Dirty Steve

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I wonder the legality of a Canadian (or anyone, for that matter, living in Canada and legally owning such firearms) emigrating to the United States, legally, to live/work.

How would the .gov handle the "personal" importation of said personally owned firearms?

-J-

It's not easy. Lots of paperwork and inspections. Our family chose to sell all our rifles instead of bringing them with us when we moved to the states.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    On a semi-related note, what is required to take a shotgun, through Canada? Do they differentiate between hunting shotguns and defensive guns (such as an 18 1/2 inch Remmy 870 or similar pump for example?).

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So basically he forgot he had it when asked by authorities, until they went to search his vehicle. :rolleyes:

Yeah right, not an honest mistake.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    True that. Still PO'ed over the "French and Indian War" I guess. You know it's not DNA or genetics that make them this way and here is how I know this to be true.

The French from "Acadia" i.e. the "Acadians" which after 100 years in Louisiana became know as "Cajuns" are some of the nicest people on Earth and will go out of their way to help folks. The one exception being the Hollywood version of Cajuns in "Southern Comfort".

Great movie from when I was young! It's one I want to get a DVD copy of just haven't gotten around to ordering one.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Years ago, some LEO's I knew went a yearly fishing trip to Canada. EVERY year the Canadian customs people literally TORE their vehicles apart once they learned of the fishermen's occupation.

Top Bottom