If you worked downtown Indy...How/what would you carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If you worked downtown Indy...How/what would you carry?

To complicate matters further, what would you do if your employer has a no firearms policy inside the building?

Interested to see if any of you have run into the same issue as me.

Thanks in advance!

Probably a self-propelled 155.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I don't work downtown Indy but my company does have a no carrying firearm policy according to supervisors saying that it's a liability if someone gets a hold of it while I'm on the clock but I have a general rule.... If they are close enough to get to my gun.... you better be family or you better put your hands up..... anyway my employer does not have any signs posted inside the workplace and I have not seen or signed any paperwork verifying said policies so I carry everyday and I carry a Kel Tec PF9 with the belt clip attached to the frame and I never have an issue of it peaking out or printing and I totally agree with thompal.....

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    If you wanted to carry so that no one could tell, there are several IWB holsters that are tuckable. I carry a slim 9 in my galco IWB tuckable holster a lot and no one can tell. There are other options like carrying a pocket gun or a small gun in an ankle holster.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Should one need to conceal either for a work setting or classes per se, I have it on good authority that pocket carrying a Kel-tec PF9 goes without notice, or IWB in a Kholster with a dress shirt tucked over it.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    I would carry what I always do, my Kimber pro carry. Your situation seems a bit more touchy with your employers policy. Any of the small .380 ankle guns should do the trick, also the Ruger LC9 should be pretty easy to stealthily carry.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't feel undergunned with a glock 20c and 16 rounds of doubletap 200gr XTPs.

Then again, I doubt anyone would.

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    Full-size M&P .45, IWB. Plus a pocket pistol for BUG and on-the-clock periods. When I get to my office, the M&P goes into my coat pocket and put in my office.

Any company's "no firearms policy" is trumped by my personal "desire to survive policy." I can find another job. My 7 year old can't find another daddy.

well said

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    I would be in a lot of trouble if I carried a firearm and got caught with it at work. I work for the state of indiana so I would be SCREWED big time. I am allowed to carry a knife though. My ID badge allows me access to all buildings without having to go though metal detectors but that would be a huge risk I don't have to balls to take. I don't need a gun thought because all the govt buildings are a gun free zone.

SandHill84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Camby/Mooresville area
    I've worked downtown 10+ years. My company has a no weapons policy (guns, knives, sling shot:), etc.) plus security. I'd like to carry but no way I'd chance it. I've never felt unsafe down there at any time. Some reason I think people have this notion its dodge city.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've worked downtown 10+ years. My company has a no weapons policy (guns, knives, sling shot:), etc.) plus security. I'd like to carry but no way I'd chance it. I've never felt unsafe down there at any time. Some reason I think people have this notion its dodge city.

Indianapolis is pretty big.

Some areas do get awfully "dodge city" like. When I was driving a dump truck and doing for for Habitat for humanity, one site was over on 21st and college.

The workers were complaining about getting shot at, and I was having various types come up to my truck and try to bum money. Would have been nice to carry then, but it's an awfully large offense to get caught packing in a commercial motor vehicle. And you don't really know where you'll be going on any given day, so it's better to not risk it since a lot of the people working in those areas are usually packing.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    If one decided to go against the policy of their employer, they could carry a Bersa .380 in an ankle holster.

I'm considering this exact set up. I normally carry my Bersa IWB but I can't at work due to the way my work shirt is cut

Any company's "no firearms policy" is trumped by my personal "desire to survive policy." I can find another job. My 7 year old can't find another daddy.

This exactly. I'm the only Mom my son has and I'd like to keep it that way

I'm curios if these companies with gun policies also have knife policies? Maybe an overall "weapons" policy?

My company has a "no weapons on company property" clause in the Code of Conduct. Doesn't specify what a weapon is so I'm already in :poop: if they want to push it for carrying my knife

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom