If you had one rifle to choose from what would you pick and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If you had to choose one rifle, which rifle would you choose and why?

• Total voters

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Funny you say that, I had original had a spot for ".22 LR: Ruger 10/22. Marlin Mod. 60 or other 22 platform". I felt there really is no wrong answer just preference for what one would grab... I think I talked myself out of adding it for I figured that not enough folks would fall back on a 22 platform, even though it is a very universal & dependable caliber choice.

Silly as it might sound this is the .22 I would carry. No mags to lose and does not take up much space.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxODQtMjAxMTExMTItMTYwNC5qcGc-1.jpg

mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    My AR-15 due to versatility and ability to swap out optics on the fly (CQB, long range accuracy, and everything in between).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    H&K G3
    I would go with this as I have one in the safe. It is dead on iron sights at 100 yds, wind effects it less at those distances, it will kill a car and I have lots of ammo for it.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I would choose my Remington 512 scoremaster (22LR). Can take small game. Light, accurate, reliable. Can carry 50 rounds in my hand.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Tavor. Sweet looking, ergonomic, battle proven... and because it was damn expensive. :spend:
    I would also say the Tavor once I get more time on mine to judge long term reliability and accumulate a good set of spare parts. Compact, easy to carry, can pick up and use most any AR mag and ammo.
    For now I voted AK.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I would choose the AK-74 because the surplus ammo is cheaper to shoot than most other center fire calibers and the platform is known for its reliability. When the surplus ammo does run dry I will still be able to locate newly made ammo for a good price.
    They are fun to shoot, easy to break down and clean, and look pretty to me.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The blue helmets will likely be supplied by our own government, meaning there will be surplus ammo on the ground after a helmet hits the ground. AR15 is my choice but I will bring my dead nuts on M&P 40 along too.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    It depends upon whether my AO is urban or rural. If urban, I'll take my AR. Rural, one of my 30-06 bolt action rifles.

I voted "Other" because of the AO consideration.

Last edited:

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    All good choices. I would make do with what I have in my hands at the time, and if it quits for whatever reason, find something else.

There are millions of firearms in this country. lol Should not be a problem to find one along the way.

I have owned and do own most of the choices mentioned. Short answer, custom AK (folding stock) is my go to for now.

Last edited:

theblackhat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Bremen
    My .50 T/C would be my go-to. When it all hits the fan, blackpowder can still be made and rounds melted and molded. Kinda hard to find/manufacture .223s or .45 or .22s or most any standard rounds without reload equipment and supplies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'll say an AR due to the ease of changing calibers. I could have multiple uppers in different calibers and just swamp em out.

Top Bottom